• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League Two- All other final games.

Bridgy 81

Not been mentioned on here yet but Scunthorpe fielded four youth team players and two first year pros. Left five senior regular first teamers on the bench. Disgraceful lack of respect to the Football League and all the other clubs in the division. Northampton fans are rightly fuming. If Scunny do get promoted back into the EFL I would envisage them starting with a sizable points deduction for fielding a deliberately weakened team.
I had a look on a Northampton forum earlier to gauge their reaction to yesterday’s events.
Some people on there were talking about an extra payment to Scunthorpe being due if Rovers were promoted as a consequence of their loan of Ryan Loft.
I’ve no idea if this is the case, but if so I suppose it highlights the potential issues of payments linked to success between clubs in the same league.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not been mentioned on here yet but Scunthorpe fielded four youth team players and two first year pros. Left five senior regular first teamers on the bench. Disgraceful lack of respect to the Football League and all the other clubs in the division. Northampton fans are rightly fuming. If Scunny do get promoted back into the EFL I would envisage them starting with a sizable points deduction for fielding a deliberately weakened team.
Whoops! Wonder why they did it , were they that short of players? Hefty fine alert.

grecIAN Harris

I've see us do that back in the day when we got relelgated when Cooper was in charge second time around if I recall.. Jon Richardson and a couple of others were given their opportunities in a similar situation. To be fair to Keith Hill, the lads he bought in really couldn't be any worse than the dross that were the senior players they replaced.

andrew p long

To show how crazy the situation at the top of League Two...

... every one of the top 7 clubs (ie all those automatically promoted and in the play offs) finished the day in a different league position to the one in which they had been that morning...:(

Another record set yesterday ... since the playoffs for teams between 4th & 7th was introduced for 1989, the gap between 3rd (final auto place) & 8th (missing playoffs) has ranged between 4 & 19 points. So this season's 4 points & +6 goal difference difference (80+22 / 76+16) betters 1990s 4 points & +12 goal difference difference (75+13 / 71+1)

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Take nothing away from Bristol Rovers as they could only beat the team in front of them, but Scunthorpe fielding a weakened side is absolutely disgusting. You have to feel for the Nhampton fans.

I'm glad there's another local game next season as its good for the fans and the team. I hate Rovers though, they've got a Billy big bollox attitude about them and class themselves as a big club when they've actually always been knocking around the lower divisions.