• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League One 20/21

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
Swindon Town and owner Lee Power charged by FA over ownership/funding

Worrying times for Swindon. Sounds like the sort of charge whereby if a club is found guilty the sanctions are pretty serious.
Echoes of 1990

sign of the chimes

Echoes of 1990
Indeed, was one of my first thoughts Spoonz. If there is truth in the charges being brought then it's hard not to feel some sympathy for the supporters.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Swindon Town and owner Lee Power charged by FA over ownership/funding

Worrying times for Swindon. Sounds like the sort of charge whereby if a club is found guilty the sanctions are pretty serious.
All that money spent on Yates and Doyle last season never sat right. Cheating bar stewards.

Red Devon

Jaiyesimi wouldn’t have been cheap either.

sign of the chimes

All that money spent on Yates and Doyle last season never sat right. Cheating bar stewards.
I was doing some reading up on it this afternoon and some of it appears to be related to some of the stuff that came out in court last year around the ownership of the club. From what I can gather it's not so much the money spent on the likes of Doyle, rather the source of that money. If it were proven that said money has come in from a prohibited source then you can imagine the sanction might be at the eye-watering end of the scale.

Colesman Ballz

Another "double relegation" and its Conference here they come !

Red Devon

Entertaining game at Home Park last night 😊

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Entertaining game at Home Park last night 😊
And not mathematically safe yet.

Red Devon

Hull City Promoted

Swindon and Bristol Rovers both relegated today, it’s looking like Rochdale and Northampton follow them.

sign of the chimes

Hull City Promoted

Swindon and Bristol Rovers both relegated today, it’s looking like Rochdale and Northampton follow them.
Hull deserve their promotion. They've been pretty unfashionable with the pundits throughout the season - I think because they don't really have a USP in terms of the playing personnel/style/manager. At various points the likes of Lincoln, Peterborough, Doncaster and even ourselves (just before Christmas when we'd picked up some momentum) were being talked up - but I don't recall much more than a grudging praise for them based on their league position from many of those talking about League One.

The reality is that they have by far the best squad in the division. Their performance in dismantling us in Jan/Feb was by some way the best I'd seen from a L1 side in our four seasons since promotion - they performed like a decent Championship-level side. We somehow managed a win at theirs before Christmas - but that we did so without having a shot on target gives an indication to their solidity as we were flying at that point.