• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League One 20/21

sign of the chimes

Shame you couldn't hold on SOTC.

I thought there was some historic animosity between the Cities due to Naval rivalries, if not between the actual football clubs.
As you well know, "we are the Argyle haters!!
Definitely some rivalry between the two ports but, as you mention, in my time don't recall it spilling over in to the football; of course there may have been banter between those who interchanged between the two ports at different points similar to any workplace now.

@Rosencrantz is absolutely right that the gloves may well come off when it comes to the field gun (that picture has made me smile more than you will know!)

On a league one tangent I reckon one of Tisdale or Deadly Derek could well end up in charge at Bristol Rovers. Nearly had a punt when Tisdale was about 20/1 earlier in the day and wish I had now - though wouldn't be surprised to see them appoint another coach in the Garner mould.

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
A Bristol local news website (Similar type to Devonlive) quoting Tisdale as 1/5 on favourite for the Bristol Rovers job.

grecIAN Harris

@Rosencrantz is absolutely right that the gloves may well come off when it comes to the field gun (that picture has made me smile more than you will
What do you mean 'may well come off'? Have you never been to The Royal Tournament?

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Good start for Sheridan. 3-0 down at home to Accrington.

Colesman Ballz

What do you mean 'may well come off'? Have you never been to The Royal Tournament?
Perhaps he has taken part in it ? Has my respect if so ! :)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Good start for Sheridan. 3-0 down at home to Accrington.
Absolute beaut of an own goal in there as well.

sign of the chimes

Perhaps he has taken part in it ? Has my respect if so ! :)
Haha, no I've arms like pipe-cleaners.

My late Dad was a massive fan of the Royal Tournament and all things military. He was very proud when my brother-in-law was involved with one of the local field gun squads. Seeing the picture brought back warm memories of him before he became ill.

Rosencrantz

Haha, no I've arms like pipe-cleaners.

My late Dad was a massive fan of the Royal Tournament and all things military. He was very proud when my brother-in-law was involved with one of the local field gun squads. Seeing the picture brought back warm memories of him before he became ill.
I was lucky enough to go to a couple of Royal Tournaments when I was a kid with my Uncle being in the RAF. It was a great event with the display hall as well as the show itself. The gun run was always a highlight of the show. Extraordinary displays of strength, fitness and above all teamwork.

grecIAN Harris

I was lucky enough to go to a couple of Royal Tournaments when I was a kid with my Uncle being in the RAF. It was a great event with the display hall as well as the show itself. The gun run was always a highlight of the show. Extraordinary displays of strength, fitness and above all teamwork.
The only time we've ever cheered for anything from Plymuff.

Rosencrantz

The only time we've ever cheered for anything from Plymuff.
🤐🤐🤐