• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League One 20/21

sign of the chimes

Portsmouth slow off the mark again and in the bottom four, with most of the other big clubs off to flying starts.
Jackett largely turned it around last season after a similarly slow start and lots suggesting he should be jettisoned. It will be interesting to see if his given that opportunity this time around.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Jackett largely turned it around last season after a similarly slow start and lots suggesting he should be jettisoned. It will be interesting to see if his given that opportunity this time around.
Not the time to panic after just three games.

sign of the chimes

Not the time to panic after just three games.
No, but this isn't in response to the start of this season in isolation; we should have parted ways with Jackett in the Summer.

He's had plenty of time and, in relative terms, resource to improve things. The football has been woeful for a long time and the results (and our league position) haven't told the whole story - we've been on a downward trajectory on the pitch for a long time.

Red Devon

Lincoln lose their first game today with Ipswich taking over at the top, MK Dons are propping up the league.

sign of the chimes

Lincoln lose their first game today with Ipswich taking over at the top, MK Dons are propping up the league.
If it were anyone apart from the Franchise (well, perhaps excepting one other team in the 92), I'd feel sorry for them. They absolutely battered us yesterday playing football that was pretty easy on the eye and ended up losing; by all accounts they were unlucky not to take the three points away from the new leaders at Portman Road the previous week. It's obviously early days but I would be very (pleasantly) surprised if they're in anything like that position at the end of the season.

Red Devon

If it were anyone apart from the Franchise (well, perhaps excepting one other team in the 92), I'd feel sorry for them. They absolutely battered us yesterday playing football that was pretty easy on the eye and ended up losing; by all accounts they were unlucky not to take the three points away from the new leaders at Portman Road the previous week. It's obviously early days but I would be very (pleasantly) surprised if they're in anything like that position at the end of the season.
Surprisingly Wimbledon have caught the eye whilst watching the Quest highlights every week so far, I don’t think they’re going to struggle this season and may even be this years surprise package.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Geddon Pompey. 2 in 2 to take the lead at the Parc des Gnomes

sign of the chimes

Alas, we couldn't hold on but a draw was probably a fair outcome in the end. To be fair to your rivals they could have been out of sight at half-time, Lowe has assembled a decent squad and we weren't really at the races in the first half.

I will do my nut if the media continue to refer to it as a 'dockyard derby'. In the UK a derby match doesn't involve a three hour drive. It's not even as though there is any real needle between the clubs - the only time there was anything was when Paul Cook and Derek Adams were our respective mangers; and suspect there were plenty who had a problem with that belligerent bell.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Alas, we couldn't hold on but a draw was probably a fair outcome in the end. To be fair to your rivals they could have been out of sight at half-time, Lowe has assembled a decent squad and we weren't really at the races in the first half.

I will do my nut if the media continue to refer to it as a 'dockyard derby'. In the UK a derby match doesn't involve a three hour drive. It's not even as though there is any real needle between the clubs - the only time there was anything was when Paul Cook and Derek Adams were our respective mangers; and suspect there were plenty who had a problem with that belligerent bell.
Shame you couldn't hold on SOTC.

I thought there was some historic animosity between the Cities due to Naval rivalries, if not between the actual football clubs.
As you well know, "we are the Argyle haters!!

Rosencrantz

Only proper dockyard rivalry was this wasn't it?