• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 2 - Tuesday 5th April

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
You think Scunthorpe are capable of taking a point off of anybody?????? I think you're in a bigger dreamland there than I am.
They've managed to take a total of 24 points off of somebody.

fred binneys head

You think Scunthorpe are capable of taking a point off of anybody?????? I think you're in a bigger dreamland there than I am.
I’d keep your head down if I was you.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Pretty content with the results tonight. While Vale winning isn’t ideal, we’ve got a game in hand on them and we’re still ahead by 2 points.

Overall, still being 5 points clear with no one having games in hand on us, and most playing one more, is fantastic for us at this stage.

As much as it’d be great to win the league, I just want to get promoted automatically, and tonight’s results has made that a tiny bit more realistic.
Plus we might have a 6 pointer with PV at home to look forward to on last day of season.
UTC

SaintJames

Vale's result tonight illustrates only too clearly why it was so so important that FGR beat Mansfield tonight. All that matters is getting over the line and frankly my dear I dont give a damn about top spot. Until we have the points in the bag then we can have a think about it then :)

Herschel

RIP Stanno, City Legend never to be forgotten
Our run in is harder than some of those around us.

Only Bristol Rovers have a more difficult one imo (6 pointers every week pretty much).

Northampton have it easy aside from playing us.
As do Vale, again aside from playing us and Brizzle.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Fred has been saying since February that Scunny can take a point from Mansfield :ROFLMAO:

grecIAN Harris

I’d keep your head down if I was you.
One swallow doesn't make a summer.......... and they've still got that run in plus Salford away to deal with yet. It ain't over.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
The tables looking great and games are running out fast. 2nd or 3rd place I don't give a fook, just get ourselves out of this ridiculously difficult division and start to focus on how we can improve further and kick on to the Championship.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
It is indeed.Another team being pushed out of the race.
Not yet they are still a threat albeit after tonight’s result less than they were.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Our run in is harder than some of those around us.

Only Bristol Rovers have a more difficult one imo (6 pointers every week pretty much).

Northampton have it easy aside from playing us.
As do Vale, again aside from playing us and Brizzle.
The thing is it's very difficult to say what is or isn't an easy run at this stage of the season. You can argue that it's not a good time to play teams in a relegation battle as they're fighting for their lives, it's not a good time to play teams desperately trying to make play offs or secure autos, and those in between with nothing left to win or lose are playing for their futures, new contracts, and generally play with freedom as there's nothing to lose.

It's why the end of season always throws up some strange results.