• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 2 - Tuesday 5th April

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Mansfield losing is good for us.
It is indeed.Another team being pushed out of the race.

STURTZ

Glad I've got my Port Vale ticket!

Cowshed Grecian

Bigger picture wise...George Lapslie is a key player for Mansfield so that will weaken them for 3 games.

fred binneys head

I’m now looking at the table imagining FGR, us and Vale winning on Saturday and everyone else below us drawing (which is a real possibility given that Northampton are at home to Bradford, Mansfield have a local derby away at Scunthorpe and the others play each other).

My table looks great.

Banksy

Surely Mansfield will beat Scunny.

tonykellowfan

It will be the 4 games against the lower sides that define us I think. Take 12 points from them and we are in L1 next season.

grecIAN Harris

I’m now looking at the table imagining FGR, us and Vale winning on Saturday and everyone else below us drawing (which is a real possibility given that Northampton are at home to Bradford, Mansfield have a local derby away at Scunthorpe and the others play each other).

My table looks great.
You think Scunthorpe are capable of taking a point off of anybody?????? I think you're in a bigger dreamland there than I am.

denzel

You think Scunthorpe are capable of taking a point off of anybody?????? I think you're in a bigger dreamland there than I am.
Sounded like they were unlucky not to get a point at FGR on Saturday

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Pretty content with the results tonight. While Vale winning isn’t ideal, we’ve got a game in hand on them and we’re still ahead by 2 points.

Overall, still being 5 points clear with no one having games in hand on us, and most playing one more, is fantastic for us at this stage.

As much as it’d be great to win the league, I just want to get promoted automatically, and tonight’s results has made that a tiny bit more realistic.

andrew p long

Glad I've got my Port Vale ticket!
Me too! Got mine today. Think the issue of Port Vale fans who can't get in the away end buying for the Big Bank could rear its ugly head again...!