• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 2 News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Make of it what you will but it's probably worth mentioning that Barton's wife didn't want charges brought and has posted messages to this effect on social media.

http://instagr.am/p/CRv2AkEsy53/
As a further aside, playing devil's advocate for a moment, compare and contrast the reaction to this court case with the one which saw Caroline Flack charged with hitting her partner over the head with a lamp.

Plainly, Barton has some serious issues but not sure these things are always as black and white as some would have you believe.
None of us have any way of knowing what happened that night, but everyone knows plenty about Barton's previous violent outbursts and that's just the stuff that made it to the public domain. It is almost unbelievable that he's still working as a manager in the football league while this remains unresolved, even more so when it's just one of two cases of alleged physical violence by Joey Barton that are currently going through the courts.

dontpassback

I think Barton is on borrowed time,a lot of rovers fans aren’t comfortable with the way this is being played out,and it’s obvious he has a short fuse,so it’s just a question of time when it happens again,will he still be manager of the gas ? Who knows

Bridgy 81

Lewis Ward signs for Swindon Town.
When I read this post I had a look, out of curiosity, at the article about it on Swindon’s website.
I saw that it had 7,755 views in less than a day, which for the signing of a potentially back up goalkeeper, I thought was a lot. So without anything better to do at the time, I compared it to the number of views on our website for the articles relating to our two ‘biggest’ signings this month.
2,701 have viewed the one about Tim Dieng, which was posted 8 days ago and 2,855 the one about Sam Nombe which has been there for 23 days.
I also saw a piece in the Swindon Advertiser that said the club had been able to start selling season tickets from last Monday, provided people came in person and paid in full.
They apparently sold 297 on the first day of what they describe as their race to 6,000 (sounds familiar).
I have no allegiance to Swindon at all but thought that, despite their recent perilous situation, these figures perhaps show the potential size of their support base and consequently what a challenge clubs like ours have to compete and succeed against others with greater established support who always also seem to have someone willing to pump money into them.
I suppose that comes back to the debate about longterm sustainability which is taking place on a different thread.

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
When I read this post I had a look, out of curiosity, at the article about it on Swindon’s website.
I saw that it had 7,755 views in less than a day, which for the signing of a potentially back up goalkeeper, I thought was a lot. So without anything better to do at the time, I compared it to the number of views on our website for the articles relating to our two ‘biggest’ signings this month.
2,701 have viewed the one about Tim Dieng, which was posted 8 days ago and 2,855 the one about Sam Nombe which has been there for 23 days.
I also saw a piece in the Swindon Advertiser that said the club had been able to start selling season tickets from last Monday, provided people came in person and paid in full.
They apparently sold 297 on the first day of what they describe as their race to 6,000 (sounds familiar).
I have no allegiance to Swindon at all but thought that, despite their recent perilous situation, these figures perhaps show the potential size of their support base and consequently what a challenge clubs like ours have to compete and succeed against others with greater established support who always also seem to have someone willing to pump money into them.
I suppose that comes back to the debate about longterm sustainability which is taking place on a different thread.
Swindon do have a decent fan base, They had the one season in the PL, Had a fair spell in the Championship so they can pull in the crowds if they do well and might do if this takeover is the real deal and settle down.

Avening Posse

Swindon do have a decent fan base, They had the one season in the PL, Had a fair spell in the Championship so they can pull in the crowds if they do well and might do if this takeover is the real deal and settle down.
Agreed, they can pull in the numbers when they do well. They draw a lot of support from lots of towns in the surrounding area as well. When I lived in the cotswolds I was quite surprised that they had fair support from places like Cirencester and Stroud

Boyo

Personally, I very rarely read our official site. I get my news from Exeweb which often links to Youtube content from the club. On that note, I feel the content our social media team pull together is first class. So whereas I agree that Swindon have a larger supporter base than ourselves, I'm not sure your figures are necessarily a reliable proxy.

ExmouthMart

9718E3A9-2EEB-4837-A87C-1EAD3C891AAF.jpeg

DB9

And funny those two are as well, Cracking programme.

fred binneys head

Grecian Max

Context is everything though - they're just out a long boardroom power struggle and have been taken over by what seems to be a good guy - they expect an influx of signings now so they have that "bounce"

Status
Not open for further replies.