• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 2 News

Status
Not open for further replies.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
We he be left with "no crib for a bed" ? 😎
And you've got a touch of the wehebe's.... ;)

denzel

According to Price of Football they lost over a million pounds in their promotion season. So much for all those claims from Swindon fans that they're weren't paying lots of money to Doyle etc and buying their way to promotion.

As an aside Crewe also lost over half a million while on their way to promotion that season and it's well documented that Plymouth were also being bankrolled by their owner which puts into perspective what a good job we did to be competing with those 3 sides.
So in other words we would have been promoted automatically if clubs had spent within their means. Isnt football great?

Banksy

So in other words we would have been promoted automatically if clubs had spent within their means. Isnt football great?
Life’s not fair sadly denzel , when has it ever been? Level playing field my arse. What really has surprised me are the amounts some characters are prepared to throw at these teams and that not many of them have gone bust as per Bury. Maybe it’s starting to come to a head now. Strange old world football , not to be taken too seriously I guess.

IndoMike

The problem/danger is that the FA and the FL generalise and put us all in the same bracket. This is why there has been an attempt to bribe clubs in Divs 1 & 2 to allow PL clubs to move in on them, the argument being that the clubs lower down the leagues cannot function properly financially.

Banksy

All completely about money .Although it doesn’t necessarily buy success as we can see with teams like Mansfield, who regularly fail to compete in spite of the money thrown at them ( everyone can think of others ) , it helps obviously. Witness the example above of the L2 promoted teams season before last , of course we knew Swindon were doing a Bury with Doyle and Co.Most years it’s the same , refreshingly sometimes you get a team that really does it on merit and the nous of the manager.
That’s why I didn’t cry over Bury and certainly wouldn’t if Swindon and Co went the same way.
I enjoy my football but refuse to take it all too seriously when the only reason teams like Chelski and Manarab City are in the Premiershite is because some rich twerp has thrown hundreds of millions on a whim at them.And same down through the leagues in a lot of cases , particularly the Championship , where teams’ only aim is to throw obscene amounts away to reach Sky and BT Sport’s promised land.
Rant over.

ryancooper327

EFL Young Players of the Season. We had 4/11 in Jokull, Jack, Josh and Joel. The 4 Js.

Ex-ciderrr

EFL Young Players of the Season. We had 4/11 in Jokull, Jack, Josh and Joel. The 4 Js.

View attachment 6360
how the hell did Sparkes make that cut :ROFLMAO:

ryancooper327

how the hell did Sparkes make that cut :ROFLMAO:
All done on stats isn’t it. Sparkes got 3 goals and 4 assists (I think) so that bumps him up for a ‘defender’.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57623961

Harrogate make a second very impressive striker signing - I know Harrogate is a very nice place and all that but are we really struggling to recruit when teams that have no pedigree or history to speak of seem to be recruiting. I know I know there are weeks to go and all that .................

Seriously wonder how Hartlepool will be competitive mind

Banksy

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57623961

Harrogate make a second very impressive striker signing - I know Harrogate is a very nice place and all that but are we really struggling to recruit when teams that have no pedigree or history to speak of seem to be recruiting. I know I know there are weeks to go and all that .................

Seriously wonder how Hartlepool will be competitive mind
Certainly showing some intent. We obviously don’t know a lot about either of them other than what we read , but if City had signed them I’d have a kind of warm feeling that we were on the right track forward wise.I thought that ex Hartlepool forward looked dangerous and useful in the Torquay game and Orsi seems to know where the net is.
I hope the couple of forward signings our Matt is going to land will look as good .No more repeats of Nicky please .
And they’re prepared to go to Yorkshire .( Said tongue in cheek as we’re always talking about players not wanting to come to sunny Devon)

Status
Not open for further replies.