• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 2 News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Topsham Boy

Still time to get in a couple of quality, (yes I mean real quality), strikers..And I sincerely hope MT has got
the ‘lone ranger ‘ Bowman idea and bringing Seymour on late to save the game plans firmly out of his system.
I know he’s been suffering withdrawal symptoms over Ajose but time to change and in the striker positions his next signings will define where the team is going.
( And no I haven’t forgotten about the midfield!)
Agree.Bowman and Seymour will not get us promoted, or anywhere near.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Absolutely not. We all know striker isn’t the only important position but I do think who MT signs there will sort of define how he intends to set up and whether the Ajose mess is out of his system.I cringe at the thought of a Bowman / Seymour/ Fisher type combo.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Clearly we will be signing some more strikers. Bowman is good enough. He just needs someone to share the load and add some competition.

IndoMike

Absolutely not. We all know striker isn’t the only important position but I do think who MT signs there will sort of define how he intends to set up and whether the Ajose mess is out of his system.I cringe at the thought of a Bowman / Seymour/ Fisher type combo.
If Bowman and Seymour is our strike force next season I think I'll take up fishing.
Banksy : imo we need as a minimum :
1 LB
1 LCB
3 M
1 SS (not Nazi)
1 CF
+ I wise old assistant manager

That's just the numbers. Then we need to talk about quality.

IndoMike

Clearly we will be signing some more strikers. Bowman is good enough. He just needs someone to share the load and add some competition.
Good enough for what?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Shouldn't these comments be on the one of the transfers threads?

Banksy

Real quality I hope. MT must know after everything that’s been said that this season is last chance saloon for him. Defining signings needed for the spine of the team.

Exehausted

As long as we are not in serious danger of relegation Matt's job is totally secure. Since the Trust took over in 2003 we have never sacked and manager and it wont start any time soon. I know a lot of people don't agree with (in football terms) a job for life. Knee jerk reactions can have a short term improvement with the new manager bounce. However they tend to be short lived and without doubt expensive. Paying off the previous manger and in most cases quite a few of his backroom staff. Then promising the new manager money for new signings, relocation expenses for the new manager and his own backroom team. It could quite easily run into hundreds of thousands of pounds. Our Board have not chosen this path and instead invested heavily in our infrastructure at the C&F, SJP and our youth set up. I know a lot of people find that boring and safety first and it always causes fierce arguments on here. I'm someone who is fairly risk adverse in life, so unsurprisingly, it's one that I support.

Red Bill

If Bowman and Seymour is our strike force next season I think I'll take up fishing.
Banksy : imo we need as a minimum :
1 LB
1 LCB
3 M
1 SS (not Nazi)
1 CF
+ I wise old assistant manager

That limits it because there's no shortage of them in this country at the moment!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
A reminder this is a thread about L2, not Exeter's transfers and team set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.