• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 2 News

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrg333

It wasn't glossed over. It was reported all over the place and he was given a red card. He was wrong to say it and has been punished. What's your problem?
The story didn't even make the front page of the BBC sport site. But when a 13 year old called Rashford a "black ba****d" it was on the front page of the national news. My problem is that we treat actions very differently depending on the supposed victim. Rashford said 'it's the worst of humanity' when fellow footballers received anonymous, rude message. I don't think he's made a comment yet on this professional footballer calling someone a fa**ot while wearing his club's kit and on the pitch.

The double standards. That's my problem. We ask ourselves 'who is the victim and what do they look like?' before we judge the behaviour. It's identity politics and it's been slowly ruining political discourse for a good couple of decades.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
The story didn't even make the front page of the BBC sport site. But when a 13 year old called Rashford a "black ba****d" it was on the front page of the national news. My problem is that we treat actions very differently depending on the supposed victim. Rashford said 'it's the worst of humanity' when fellow footballers received anonymous, rude message. I don't think he's made a comment yet on this professional footballer calling someone a fa**ot while wearing his club's kit and on the pitch.

The double standards. That's my problem. We ask ourselves 'who is the victim and what do they look like?' before we judge the behaviour. It's identity politics and it's been slowly ruining political discourse for a good couple of decades.
'twas ever thus. There is a great song by Steve Earle with a telling line about the US -

"I didn't even make the papers, 'cause I only killed one man"

Same here, on a different scale of course. These days, given the decline of real journalism, if it doesn't involve a "celebrity" or give an opportunity to gain advertising clicks by attacking someone in politics, it is unlikely to attract much attention.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
For jrg 333

I get what you're saying. The fact is repeatedly sending racist comments to footballers on Twitter etc is wrong and a footballer calling another player a f____t is wrong. The fact the first example gets a lot more attention still doesn't make the cause of the attention acceptable. It's not a surprise that famous people get more coverage than less famous people. If the case of the homophobic comment had occurred in a Chelsea v Man U game for example it would have attracted a lot more publicity. But as far as I can see the homophobic comment incident has attracted attention

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
6 out of 10 games tomorrow in L2 have currently been called off.

Red Devon

Mark Bonner of Cambridge scoops the January manager of the month award

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Almost a complete wipe out now only the Bolton and Cambridge games left.

DB9

Almost a complete wipe out now only the Bolton and Cambridge games left.
I'd imagine Bolton's ground has undersoil heating and since no fans in the ground surrounding areas being "Dangerous" from ice and frost won't come into it.

Pobbop

Nah it's pointless whataboutism and use of irritating phrases like "identity politics" that has ruined political discourse for a good couple of dacades...

Red Devon

Fantastic effort by Cambridge being made to get today’s game on 👍

manc grecian

That's getting called off

Status
Not open for further replies.