• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 2 News

Status
Not open for further replies.

DawlishBouy

I presume there will be some sort of dispensation to allow for players who are already under contract. I make it we currently have 18 players 21 or over with a few more due to turn 21 during the season.
I assume that players born on or after 1st July 1999 will be deemed under 21 for this season.
I’m guessing Crawley and a few others will have players under contract who will be omitted from their squad list. They will be paying those players wages but won’ be alllowed to play them.
Crawley signed 4 new players in the last week of the transfer window so they should have no dispensation.

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think there was some confusion between the players/management and officials on who was suppose to actually instigate it before that match. Rightly there is no compulsery rule to say you have to take the knee, Apparently the "agreement" is that the players/management of both teams let the ref know of their intention to take the knee so the ref i think says he'll do a short whistle when everyone is ready so it can happen. It is also said that no person shall be punished if they choose not to take the knee, It is purely down to the individual person if they wish to.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Newport County can continue playing games despite the Welsh lockdown.

DB9

Newport County can continue playing games despite the Welsh lockdown.
It seems that no fans football stadiums are very safe places, I guess its good that it means the season can continue.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Interesting to see Mansfield where they are despite splashing the cash again.

Oldsmobile-88

Interesting to see Mansfield where they are despite splashing the cash again.
A fool & their money will always be parted.
Early days but the Mansfield owner must be pretty pi55ed again..

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Interesting match tonight for them away to Morecambe, will it be Dempster's last - first casualty of the season?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Interesting match tonight for them away to Morecambe, will it be Dempster's last - first casualty of the season?
1-0 down already :)

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Can they sack the manager at half time?

Cheltenham also beating Scunny with a penalty from a certain Mr Reid, we're now down to 12th with Cheltenham top and Morecambe second

Last edited:

ryancooper327

Tristan Abrahams scores again! Newport flying this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.