• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 2 News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exehausted

Never liked BuMley since. £5K in 1974 is equivalent to £50k in 2020 according to Google.
Why don't we ask for £50 k plus interest back so we can fund some Covid testing ?
UTC

Exehausted

I would say most things have gone up a lot more than 10 times, more like 20 times making it £100K. Football prices have gone up about 40 times. I only have my memory to go on but I moved away to work in 1974 and I'm sure that it was only 40 pence to stand as an adult at SJP. Again this maybe a false memory, but I'm sure in the 73/74 they had what was called a Golden Gate at the St James Road turnstiles. It was designed to help you beat the queues by paying an extra 10p to get in. It doesn't sound much, but it was an extra 25%, the same as paying £16 or £20 today. I don't remember ever seeing anyone going in this gate. Does anyone else remember this gate and did anyone ever use it?
Again purely from memory, we refused to travel because we only had 10 fit professionals and two of those were goalkeepers. We had sick notes for all of the injured or ill players but the Football League insisted we travel and play. I believe that we appealed this decision several times in the following years because after our case the League did allow teams to cancel games if they had sick notes for the missing players. I think at least one journalist at National level wrote a piece quite a few years later saying that we should be reimbursed but it fell on deaf ears. It was said at the time that they would never do it to a big club but that they just wanted to make an example of a small club. Fast forward 45 years and look at the situation between Bolton and Bury. Bolton given chance after chance and Bury get wound up. Then Macclesfield get wound up and Southend get given yet another chance.

Exehausted

I'm sorry I didn't realise I had posted a blank.

LDNGrecian

. Fast forward 45 years and look at the situation between Bolton and Bury. Bolton given chance after chance and Bury get wound up. Then Macclesfield get wound up and Southend get given yet another chance.
I think if you read into the details of the bury, Bolton, Macclesfield and Southend cases then you would come to a different conclusion.

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
More Grimsby games postponed, not sure of the full meaning and potential outcome of "An EFL statement said the circumstances surrounding the postponement of the game against Bradford will be the subject of an investigation".

Rosencrantz

More Grimsby games postponed, not sure of the full meaning and potential outcome of "An EFL statement said the circumstances surrounding the postponement of the game against Bradford will be the subject of an investigation".

Not following Covid guidelines at training maybe? Other matches have taken place following one or two positive tests at other clubs. Not like Orient where they had a mass outbreak.

andrew p long

Mmmm...as Leyton Orient got kicked out of the League Cup for not being able to play their fixture, I wonder whether the game might be awarded to Grimsby's opponents. More convenient for the EFL than having to reschedule into an already packed fixture list...

LOG

Mmmm...as Leyton Orient got kicked out of the League Cup for not being able to play their fixture, I wonder whether the game might be awarded to Grimsby's opponents. More convenient for the EFL than having to reschedule into an already packed fixture list...
I wondered that too but there's a possible get out clause in the EFL regulations about whether the failure to fulfill a fixture is outside of the club's control:

31.1 Any Club failing to fulfil its fixture obligations in respect of any match under the jurisdiction of The League on the appointed date or dates or causing The League to suspend any fixture shall be deemed guilty of misconduct, unless the circumstances giving rise to such failure are outside the control of the Club and could not have been reasonably foreseen or reasonably anticipated and remedied prior to the match.

ryancooper327

Grimsby sign James Morton on loan, good pick up. Loads of clubs still seem to be carrying on signing top players, are we being prudent or naive?

Status
Not open for further replies.