• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 2 News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
This weekend's match between Walsall and Orient has been postponed. Statement from the EFL

contrabombarde

How times change...This is probably not comparable but I remember a time, probably mid 70s when we were punished for not being able to field a side due to several of our players having flu.

I expect that Olds will be able to fill the gaps!

Last edited:

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
How times change...This is probably not comparable but I remember a time, probably mid 70s when we were punished for not being able to field a side due to several of our players having flu.

Scunthorpe away.

dontpassback

Scunthorpe away.
And a £6000 fine which was quite a wedge in those days

iscalad

Bleddy Bob Lord😠🤬

Oldsmobile-88

The end of March 1974.

Incidentally I saw a programme for the non fixture on eBay a couple of years ago,It was not a silly price either(£20 iirc)

The fine was £5k plus £1k compensation to Scunthorpe for lost gate income.

As Isca mentioned,Bob Lord the Burnley Chairman & on the League Management Committee was not particularly helpful & suggest that if the Grecians could not fulfil fixtures then they should not be in the Football League.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
The end of March 1974.

Incidentally I saw a programme for the non fixture on eBay a couple of years ago,It was not a silly price either(£20 iirc)

The fine was £5k plus £1k compensation to Scunthorpe for lost gate income.

As Isca mentioned,Bob Lord the Burnley Chairman & on the League Management Committee was not particularly helpful & suggest that if the Grecians could not fulfil fixtures then they should not be in the Football League.
Never liked BuMley since. £5K in 1974 is equivalent to £50k in 2020 according to Google.
Why don't we ask for £50 k plus interest back so we can fund some Covid testing ?
UTC

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Grimsby's game with Cheltenham has been called off after a Grimsby player has tested positive for Covid.

les.gtfc

Grimsby's game with Cheltenham has been called off after a Grimsby player has tested positive for Covid.
Will probably be next couple of games called off too if our players are having to self-isolate for 14 days. I honestly can't see this season finishing to be honest, it's all becoming a bit of a farce.

Oldsmobile-88

Further to what Les says.
Statement from Grimsby FC
73915A37-488E-48D5-A89A-B22875751BAC.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.