• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 2 News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
Even if FGR somehow get promoted - you would still be playing for FGR. Pub team. May as well sign for Barnestaple FC.

GJW

Even if FGR somehow get promoted - you would still be playing for FGR. Pub team. May as well sign for Barnestaple FC.
Or Barnstaple

i8cornwall

Or Barnstaple
or Barnstaple Town

Reactions: GJW

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
or Barnstaple Town
Played on that pitch about 40 years ago(we could be classed as a pub team 😁😎)
Went past it recently & it looks a good set up still.

Oldsmobile-88

Looks a decent covered stand going up at Hoker St.
It’s been a few years since I saw a game there.It looks like the larger of the two terraces behind the goals is being upgraded.

GJW

or Barnstaple Town
or Barnstaple Town Football Club.

Avening Posse

As did I !!. I was left back for westcliff primary school in Dawlish and played in a tournament there as an 11yr old in 1979. My football career went down hill ever since 😀

i8cornwall

i went down a couple of seasons ago, people at the club have put in quite a lot of work there to get it up to southern league standards.

shame they play second fiddle to the rugby in the town, hopefully city can play a friendly or something there soon or any local non league club for that matter.

DB9

i went down a couple of seasons ago, people at the club have put in quite a lot of work there to get it up to southern league standards.

shame they play second fiddle to the rugby in the town, hopefully city can play a friendly or something there soon or any local non league club for that matter.
That's is or was the good thing about the Devon Bowl, Getting City to the North of the County and back in the years a good smattering of 1st players in the team, Always a good game to watch whether it be Barnstaple, Bideford or getting blown away at the top of the hill at Ilfracombe's ground!

Colesman Ballz

Looks a decent covered stand going up at Hoker St.
It’s been a few years since I saw a game there.It looks like the larger of the two terraces behind the goals is being upgraded.
The pitch looks a bit dodgy though, could be a bit rough in wintertime. Perhaps we should hope for our visit being early or late in the season !

Status
Not open for further replies.