• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 2 News

Status
Not open for further replies.

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
That Swindon fan will be on soon telling us all what a model club they are and that they pay Eoin Doyle in monster munch.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
That's why they $hit themselves at the thought of losing their 2 top scorers back to the parent clubs !
As before IF Power is that skint why not just sell the other football club he owns ?

Oldsmobile-88

The L1 clubs are holding a meeting today to discuss their division which will have a impact the decision made by L2 clubs last Friday.

Let’s hope there is a bit of common sense & not what we have seen recently.Clubs threatening to sue the League,bickering endlessly over promotion/relegation formulas.
You wonder,in a global pandemic and an economic crisis,if some in the game truly realise how self-obsessed and tiresome it all looks.

budegrecian

The L1 clubs are holding a meeting today to discuss their division which will have a impact the decision made by L2 clubs last Friday.

Let’s hope there is a bit of common sense & not what we have seen recently.Clubs threatening to sue the League,bickering endlessly over promotion/relegation formulas.
You wonder,in a global pandemic and an economic crisis,if some in the game truly realise how self-obsessed and tiresome it all looks.
My fear is that they will agree to only relegate 2 clubs i.e. Bolton & Southend, who are so far adrift they can't really argue. With a replacement for Bury also required that would mean just 3 teams being promoted & the L2 play offs not taking place.
If they want to relegate 3 teams there will be opposition from the likes of Tranmere, AFC Wimbledon etc.

denzel

My fear is that they will agree to only relegate 2 clubs i.e. Bolton & Southend, who are so far adrift they can't really argue. With a replacement for Bury also required that would mean just 3 teams being promoted & the L2 play offs not taking place.
If they want to relegate 3 teams there will be opposition from the likes of Tranmere, AFC Wimbledon etc.
To be honest League Two couldn't complain at that given that they agreed not to relegate anyone themselves. And yes I realise that screws us over.

Red Devon

They’d still probably want their cake and eat it though by having their own playoffs... that’s why I say the EFL has to act as one!

Boyo

To be honest League Two couldn't complain at that given that they agreed not to relegate anyone themselves. And yes I realise that screws us over.
The ideal solution would be to promote the top two, and then have playoffs for teams in 3rd to 6th. Argyle would be delighted (snigger)

Colesman Ballz

Ultimately I fear promotion/relegation will be decided in the courts. Surely the FA will have the final say on the Football Pyramid ? You are not going to get the situation where individual divisions make different decisions. It has to be uniform within the top five Steps of the English pyramid, so either it will be either promotion and relegation or none. With the eye watering sums of money involved at the top of the game I can't see how there can fail to be legal challenges, particularly if the deciison is to not have p & r.

Just one more illustration of how the game we grew to love being destroyed by money and greed . And I am particularly saddened and disappointed with League 2 "wanting their cake and eating it" with the resolution for no relegation to the Conference but still promotion to League 1.
#notinmyname.

InMyBlood

That sounds like the best compromise even if does mean we lose out.
Still, a chance to go up as Champions next season.

STURTZ

That sounds like the best compromise even if does mean we lose out.
Still, a chance to go up as Champions next season.
Didn't we still have us a chance to go up as Champions "this" season?

Status
Not open for further replies.