• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 2 News

Status
Not open for further replies.
....and an opportunity for me say "What goes around comes around" as Barrow away was my first ever game watching City. I don't imagine that transport has improved its accessibility it took me two days to get there and three to get back using British Railways. Subsequently when working on a project in Whitehaven I did go to see them play in the Conference, but even from Whitehaven it was a slow old journey.

Funny that! Barrow was the first ever game I watched as a small boy at Roots Hall in Southend!! It will be good to welcome them back!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Stevenage cleared of misconduct relating to cancelling their Oldham game due to international call ups

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Our favourite player to like and dislike!

crocks

Very well known Exeweb poster
I was there when we beat them 7-1
And I think, although the memory maybe a bit hazy, that Barrow scored first.

dontpassback

And I think, although the memory maybe a bit hazy, that Barrow scored first.
I was there as well,and I think you are correct,they did score first,and then we just piled in the goals,oh for a score line like that every weekend !

STURTZ

Me to, Tony Morrin played for Barrow
I was there as well,and I think you are correct,they did score first,and then we just piled in the goals,oh for a score line like that every weekend !
It was last game of the season IIRC. They went down. Tony Morrin was playing for them, next time I saw him he was in our team!

fred binneys head

Me to, Tony Morrin played for Barrow

It was last game of the season IIRC. They went down. Tony Morrin was playing for them, next time I saw him he was in our team!
wrong year sturtz, it was last home game not last game, and Tony was playing for us, and scored!

Oldsmobile-88

it was last home game not last game, and Tony was playing for us, and scored!
Yes..The last game that season was a rearranged game against Grimsby(Les’s first game) the following Tuesday.
The original game at Blundell Park was abandoned because of Fog on the 18th March.

Going back to the Barrow game it was 1-1 at HT.
Its not often you see 6 goals without reply in a half.

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
"The English Football League will next week tell clubs in Leagues One and Two there is no chance of playing any more games this season and ask them to vote on a method to decide promotion and relegation."

[/URL]

Looks like we could miss out on promotion (assuming 4th will go up) by less than a point and our only 'local' games next season will be Newport and Forest Green.

Oldsmobile-88

Stevenage cleared of misconduct relating to cancelling their Oldham game due to international call ups

Stevenage & International call ups !!
Yep the football world is a strange place in the past few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.