• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 2 News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Another 4-0 victory against Plymouth gives us a better goal difference than them. They're $hitting it to play us again after what happened last time and they know it.
If we are to achieve another 4-0 victory we will have to play as well as we did in the first game and Plymouth as bad. In truth I do not think that this season we have played anything like as well before or since and as the saying goes “lightning never strikes twice”.....

Hope I am proved wrong and the boys can bring back the three points. However very important that we do not lose and personally I would settle for a draw ensuring that we have not lost ground and with 6 games to play we are still in with a chance of making a top three spot.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
I have a certain sick feeling they will beat us now and cement a place in the top three. Sadly , our ‘attack’ fails to convince and the defence has become suspect too. I can see another tough playoff session lottery in store for us unfortunately because MT has no answer for our failure to put games to bed.
It would be very sad after such a promising season and I hope to be proved wrong.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
I have a certain sick feeling they will beat us now and cement a place in the top three. Sadly , our ‘attack’ fails to convince and the defence has become suspect too. I can see another tough playoff session lottery in store for us unfortunately because MT has no answer for our failure to put games to bed.
It would be very sad after such a promising season and I hope to be proved wrong.
Banksy I have just the same feeling and agree with your comments both regard to our attack and defence but like you I sincerely hope I will be proved wrong.

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Banksy I have just the same feeling and agree with your comments both regard to our attack and defence but like you I sincerely hope I will be proved wrong.
I'll have to say Ditto to the last two posts and like you hope I'm seriously off the mark and the lads prove us wrong 👍

Matt Russell

The last three posts are seriously premature. With three matches to go before that one, let's not get fixated on those three points.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
We don't have a player at present who can provide a piece of magic on the big occasion to win us the game. Oh for a Harley or a Watkins or a Wheeler again.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
The last three posts are seriously premature. With three matches to go before that one, let's not get fixated on those three points.
Agree with that hopefully as we have two out of those three at home we will have at least 71 points on the board by the time we meet them. Conversely two of their games are away Morecambe and Leyton Orient. Morecambe gave Crewe a fright last Saturday so let’s hope they can go one better and beat Plymouth. Leyton Orient are 19th so gut feeling we may still be on equal points when we meet.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
We don't have a player at present who can provide a piece of magic on the big occasion to win us the game. Oh for a Harley or a Watkins or a Wheeler again.
Both Williams and Law are capable of a piece of magic to win us a game

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Both Williams and Law are capable of a piece of magic to win us a game
Looking forward to the next example.

dontpassback

I think we maybe underestimating the resilience of this squad of players,we’ve had a blip,but I think they will be determined to put it right and I have a sneaky feeling the performance at Walsall will be a good indicator of what we will achieve.cheltenham and the green slime will be defining games and other teams will drop points as well,so it’s all to play for UTC !

Status
Not open for further replies.