• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 2 News

Status
Not open for further replies.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Just realised what the time is. Looks like the Bradford game is on ☹
The Fud have to win sometime.

budegrecian

Macclesfield players once again not received their wages, due at the end of February.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Macclesfield players once again not received their wages, due at the end of February.
Macclesfield should just head to a Swiss clinic and have done with it.

fred binneys head

Now we've beaten them twice and Argyle only drew there last week, I hope Macc make it to the end of the season.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Now we've beaten them twice and Argyle only drew there last week, I hope Macc make it to the end of the season.

Yes definitely goes without saying.....Plymouth are home to Macclesfield this Saturday so likely end result we lose 6 points and Plymouth 4. Crewe would also only lose 4 points, Cheltenham currently 3 points as they still have to play them at Macclesfield and Swindon also currently 3 points with their last game of the season away at Macclesfield.

Bottom line it looks as if it could be very bad news for City if Macclesfield fail to complete their season.....so fingers crossed.

IndoMike

Yes definitely goes without saying.....Plymouth are home to Macclesfield this Saturday so likely end result we lose 6 points and Plymouth 4. Crewe would also only lose 4 points, Cheltenham currently 3 points as they still have to play them at Macclesfield and Swindon also currently 3 points with their last game of the season away at Macclesfield.

Bottom line it looks as if it could be very bad news for City if Macclesfield fail to complete their season.....so fingers crossed.
With not many games to go you'd think that the League would allow Macclesfield (somehow) to complete their fixtures rather than fark up League 2 at this late stage

les.gtfc

My God, we were awful last night. I watched the game on iFollow and our defending was terrible for all 3 goals. We actually started off well and were on top for the first 20 minutes but once that first goal went in it just seemed to deflate us.

Believe it or not that's the first time we have lost against Plymouth in the league since 1987, a game I was at when we lost 5-0. Could have been that last night really.

iscalad

My God, we were awful last night. I watched the game on iFollow and our defending was terrible for all 3 goals. We actually started off well and were on top for the first 20 minutes but once that first goal went in it just seemed to deflate us.

Believe it or not that's the first time we have lost against Plymouth in the league since 1987, a game I was at when we lost 5-0. Could have been that last night really.
Holloway's team talk.........One of my old teams lads, don't try too hard. ;)

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
10 games left Walsall up next then two home games on the trot before Plymouth. In the same period Plymouth have Macclesfield at home then two away games. It really is anyone’s guess where the two teams will be in the league when we play each other. After that we are home to Bradford before what looks like being another huge game away to Cheltenham.

Having said that if we want to keep in with a realistic chance of automatic promotion we cannot afford to loose against either Plymouth or Cheltenham.

Still believe it will go to the wire but worrying that our clean sheets have dried up and we continue to look relatively impotent in front of goal.

One thing that seems fairly certain we can forget about thinking we can win anything on GD we are +12 whereas Swindon +25 Crewe +22 Plymouth +19 Cheltenham +25 Northampton +15 Port Vale +6 Colchester +12 Bradford +6.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
One thing that seems fairly certain we can forget about thinking we can win anything on GD we are +12 whereas Swindon +25 Crewe +22 Plymouth +19 Cheltenham +25 Northampton +15 Port Vale +6 Colchester +12 Bradford +6.
Another 4-0 victory against Plymouth gives us a better goal difference than them. They're $hitting it to play us again after what happened last time and they know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.