• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 2 News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stelios

Mate of mine is a Luton supporter and he was over the moon when Nathan Jones left. Apparently he is a bit of a nutter.
re: Nathan Jones. I assumed he was a young hot-shot manager but it's interesting how well Luton carried on without him. In hindsight it was clear that Luton was a really well run club signing good quality players to fit their system. It almost didn't matter who was managing them because they just carried on where he left off.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
re: Nathan Jones. I assumed he was a young hot-shot manager but it's interesting how well Luton carried on without him. In hindsight it was clear that Luton was a really well run club signing good quality players to fit their system. It almost didn't matter who was managing them because they just carried on where he left off.
A bit like City?

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not league 2, but interesting and surprising to see Wycombe sitting at the top of league 1. Wonders never cease. Do they still bore everybody to death with gamesmanship or have they moved on ?

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
There's some dross in L1, small clubs and bang average football being played. I don't see any reason why, with this current set up, we couldn't hold our own in that league - and for more than just a couple of seasons this time.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
For those of the betting fraternity we have moved to second favourites behind Swindon at 9/1 just ahead of the scum who are third favourites

Avening Posse

For those of the betting fraternity we have moved to second favourites behind Swindon at 9/1 just ahead of the scum who are third favourites
I placed a bet for top 3 before the season started, pleasantly surprised they are already offering me cash out :)

andrew p long

The EFL review appears to have got off to a bad start. The press release emphasises that the review will be in consultation with member clubs. To be properly independent the review needs to be in consultation with fans, Trusts, supporters groups, journalists,academics, myriad other stakeholders and indeed invite responses and input from anyone affected or with ideas to contribute. Input only from the EFL and clubs would be a cosy set up, but not (in my view) meet the rigorous standards needed to be fully independent in a regulatory review.

An eminent lawyer like Jonathan Taylor would surely have twigged this, so I confidently expect him/his panel to announce how ideas,responses and information can be fed into his review . Perhaps that will come in Phase Two , after the individual circumstances of Bury have been looked at.

budegrecian

Not league 2, but interesting and surprising to see Wycombe sitting at the top of league 1. Wonders never cease. Do they still bore everybody to death with gamesmanship or have they moved on ?
I see their goalkeeper was booked, presumably for wasting time, so no they probably haven't moved on in that regard.

CC

I see their goalkeeper was booked, presumably for wasting time, so no they probably haven't moved on in that regard.
I’m sure they still did waste time, but it was a game covered by SSN and he was booked for complaining about Lincoln’s goal which was given after there were two players lying in the area with head injuries but the game not stopping.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster

Status
Not open for further replies.