• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 2 News

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryancooper327

This website has stated publishing statistics about League 2, though it's all a bit too detailed for me to make much sense of.
I think Match Day Analyst would be my dream job... Combining my current analyst job and City. What could be better. Marcus Flitcroft became head of recruitment didn’t he? I wonder if he still does the match day analysis as part of that.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The EFL announces financial and sustainability review.

It'll be interesting how club chairmen will respond to any recommendation.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
The EFL announces financial and sustainability review.

It'll be interesting how club chairmen will respond to any recommendation.
Sounds like they are getting ready to find some snippet of info that will allow Bury back into the League via some loophole !

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sounds like they are getting ready to find some snippet of info that will allow Bury back into the League via some loophole !
Indulge me. How did you come to that conclusion?

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Indulge me. How did you come to that conclusion?
Read the ELF statement dated 3rd Sept which is just below the article in the link. This certainly reads like they are trying to find such a loophole, but also sharing the decision with the other clubs and the FA as it will actually be them that has the final say officially.

I for one won't be surprised if they rewrite the rules to get Bury back in L2 next season.

iscalad

Read the ELF statement dated 3rd Sept which is just below the article in the link. This certainly reads like they are trying to find such a loophole, but also sharing the decision with the other clubs and the FA as it will actually be them that has the final say officially.

I for one won't be surprised if they rewrite the rules to get Bury back in L2 next season.
Ah thanks. What a crock of pooh.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
If the EFL actually adhered to their Financial standing regulations and were much stronger in administering it, then Bury should have been kicked out of the league last year, with all their results being cancelled, this effectively would have meant we would have made the playoffs for the third year in succession as Newport would then have lost the 4 points they gained from Bury. Ourselves and Colchester managed to do the double over Bury losing both matches and Tranmere and Forest Green would have a point deducted, with Mansfield being promoted and Flitcroft would not have lost his job (probably). But they didn't!

How I love the EFL

IndoMike

The EFL has no shame. They know their fit and proper test failed miserably (probably because it was too much effort for them), then they deny all responsibility, and now to mitigate their incompetence they want to sneak Bury in through the back door. And the supporters of all League clubs can do nothing. I've said it before, there needs to be a League Clubs Supporters Association to pressure the League to make the right decisions, without sucking up to the League. The Football League is a monopoly and seemingly not answerable to anyone, because many clubs just kiss their arse.

I am calm.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
So letting Bury back in would be letting them off the hook, like nothing untoward had happened. I don't think anyone will have learned anything, and potentially Bury can overspend next season and be promoted again.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
So letting Bury back in would be letting them off the hook, like nothing untoward had happened. I don't think anyone will have learned anything, and potentially Bury can overspend next season and be promoted again.
As can any club, or be sold for £1 and be milked by some bounder for a few months, after another cad had previously milked the club. BUt what is good is that the EFL have the Fit and proper rules!

Status
Not open for further replies.