• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 2 News

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaintJames

Dont forget that the Trust have in excess of £800k from the loan repayment from the Club, for a rainy day.
I stand to be corrected but weren't the Trust stumping up a big chunk of the scoreboard and club shop improvements and contributing to the pitch? I may well have that wrong

C j phill

I stand to be corrected but weren't the Trust stumping up a big chunk of the scoreboard and club shop improvements and contributing to the pitch? I may well have that wrong
No idea, but I hope they retain a large element of the repayment as a reserve, to be an emergency fund if required, to avoid going to the PFA for a loan.

Red Bill

The words Loan and PFA come to mind or do we not talk about that when this fail safe business model failed a bit?
Hmmm.......a short term loan, once, seven years ago, compared to year on year losses and massive accumulated debt in all other clubs. Yeah, I see your point:unsure:

i8cornwall

Hmmm.......a short term loan, once, seven years ago, compared to year on year losses and massive accumulated debt in all other clubs. Yeah, I see your point:unsure:
Happy you do, anyway let's carry on with this ethos that you and other hold so dearly the one thats alienating, angering and creating disillusion among a section of our support.

after all we have millions of fans to replace them. 🙄

Ash

Happy you do, anyway let's carry on with this ethos that you and other hold so dearly the one thats alienating, angering and creating disillusion among a section of our support.

after all we have millions of fans to replace them. 🙄
Not sure I've ever met a City fan that's angry about our ownership model. Perhaps by 'a section', you are referring to you and a few mates?

i8cornwall

Not sure I've ever met a City fan that's angry about our ownership model. Perhaps by 'a section', you are referring to you and a few mates?
As I represent a supporters group for meetings with the club I wish it was just some me and some mates but sadly it's not, part of that "role" is to listen to what members say and think. largely it's anger and frustration, this has been the case for a while now.

You probably wouldn't see them complaining during a match at SJP as they have simply given up and found other things to do regularly on a Saturday now, slightly amusing as they are largely in the age group being targeted for project 6K.

Anyway none of this has anything to do with league two news and no point moaning about it as nothing will ever change at the club.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
As I represent a supporters group for meetings with the club I wish it was just some me and some mates but sadly it's not, part of that "role" is to listen to what members say and think. largely it's anger and frustration, this has been the case for a while now.

You probably wouldn't see them complaining during a match at SJP as they have simply given up and found other things to do regularly on a Saturday now, slightly amusing as they are largely in the age group being targeted for project 6K.

Anyway none of this has anything to do with league two news and no point moaning about it as nothing will ever change at the club.
I remember when the Red Legion first took off they took up residence towards the front of the bank. At one match there were flags with various slogans on, one of which proclaimed 'Against Modern Football'.

My idea about what modern football is would be the greed that became more prevalent when the Premier League began, Talk Sport whipping fans up into a frenzy about what is wrong with their club etc.

At half-time, I approached the lad holding the 'Against Modern Football' banned and asked him what he was against. He shrugged and said 'dunno really'.

i8cornwall

I remember when the Red Legion first took off they took up residence towards the front of the bank. At one match there were flags with various slogans on, one of which proclaimed 'Against Modern Football'.

My idea about what modern football is would be the greed that became more prevalent when the Premier League began, Talk Sport whipping fans up into a frenzy about what is wrong with their club etc.

At half-time, I approached the lad holding the 'Against Modern Football' banned and asked him what he was against. He shrugged and said 'dunno really'.
Great story..... That was the sige army back in 2012ish not the RL, I'd imagine most of the former RL and current C20 would give you a different answer now.

FYI I wasnt apart of that group so can't comment on there ethos.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Great story..... That was the sige army back in 2012ish not the RL, I'd imagine most of the former RL and current C20 would give you a different answer now.

FYI I wasnt apart of that group so can't comment on there ethos.
My question then...what exactly is provoking anger and frustration?

i8cornwall

My question then...what exactly is provoking anger and frustration?
Firstly there would be two "types" of anger and frustration, one towards the club/trust and the second towards modern football in general.

The frustration and anger towards the club has been discussed at length on here in the past and recently so I'm not going to open that can or worms mainly because I'm just tired of going round in circles with that topic, very few people listen and even fewer want to actually work to resolve the issues.

The frustration/anger towards modern football generally are the ones held by fans all over the world, the greed of TV company's, inflated ticket prices (not at city I must add), all seater stadiums, the bigger clubs trying to exploit the smaller clubs for there own gain etc etc

I don't want to make it sound like groups such the RL or C20 are angry with everything as they/we aren't as clearly there is still good things in football and that city do.

Anyway I'm not going to hijack the L2 news thread on this any more as it's not strictly news. If people want to chat then message me, start a new thread or resurrect an old one.

Status
Not open for further replies.