• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 2 News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is this legal though ? Iirc in the early Abramovich years at Chelski, he was going to do something similar after a cup game at Sczrborough but the FA stepped in to prevent it as it was against their rules (possibly as it could be construed as a bribe ?).
He offered to do this before the game, whereas Villa have offered afterwards. That may be something to do with it?

sign of the chimes

Aston Villa have donated their share of the gate receipts from the sell out game against Barrow at Hoker St back to the home club.
A classy gesture, that.

C j phill

perhaps not the right thread (!) but to ease DB9's worries about sales drying up, but as well as keeping money back in reserve, we also have a pipeline of possible/likely income from add-ons and sell ons from previous sales. 150k per season for each of the next three years if Aston Villa stay in the Premiership. More money from Chelsea in any circumstance except Ethan staying at Chelsea and playing fewer than three first team games for Chelsea (20% of any sale or loan fee; 250k if he plays three games for Chelsea). Unspecified add ons and sell ons for Chrisene and Stansfield. 10% of any sum over 1.75m if Swansea sell Grimes. That should tide us over until the next sale or two.
Dont forget that the Trust have in excess of £800k from the loan repayment from the Club, for a rainy day.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Point to ponder. It's easier to blood 16 year olds in league 2 than it would be in league 1. Previous stints in the higher league have seen us resort to signing more experienced players at the expense of local lads. I'd like promotion but could our club survive without it's main source of income, youth development?

DB9

Point to ponder. It's easier to blood 16 year olds in league 2 than it would be in league 1. Previous stints in the higher league have seen us resort to signing more experienced players at the expense of local lads. I'd like promotion but could our club survive without it's main source of income, youth development?
TBF Sturtz and as I've said before, The good ones we sell on hardly feature in games before they're snapped up, It seems to be the trend nowadays.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Isn't there a thread debating this whole subject:-

Is Project 6000 and sustainability in L1 compatible with selling our "Gems"?

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think if our academy products are good enough they will still get an opportunity whatever league we are in. However, one issue we might face if we are in league one is where to send players out on loan. At the moment we seem to prefer sending players out on loan to part-time clubs so they can continue to train full-time with us. However, if we are in league 1 part-time clubs might be playing at too low level to usefully prepare our players.

Red Bill

Please don't go saying that, you know how worked up people get when people point out the flaws in how we are run as a club!
Well yes it's been a disaster hasn't it! If only we could have a sensible business model like all those other indebted clubs!

Reactions: Ash

i8cornwall

Well yes it's been a disaster hasn't it! If only we could have a sensible business model like all those other indebted clubs!
The words Loan and PFA come to mind or do we not talk about that when this fail safe business model failed a bit?

Red Devon

I think if our academy products are good enough they will still get an opportunity whatever league we are in. However, one issue we might face if we are in league one is where to send players out on loan. At the moment we seem to prefer sending players out on loan to part-time clubs so they can continue to train full-time with us. However, if we are in league 1 part-time clubs might be playing at too low level to usefully prepare our players.
It’s more about stepping up to the physicality of mens football than the actual level the clubs play at.

Status
Not open for further replies.