• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 2 News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sweeney's statement about leaving due to personal circumstances was just a cover up. He would have seen the manager that signed him resign a few weeks later, no doubt heard some bad things re finances, and then didn't get paid and the reality sunk in about just how fooked Swindon Town are.

MT hasn't reopened the contract offer to Sweeney to stay at City, but rumour has it that the Sweenz has been seen cleaning MT's car, dropping MT's kids to school, and being an all round good egg helping out Matty.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Dunno who thinks he's dumb... that said if he'd done even a tiny bit of research he'd have known he was signing for a club that is a complete mess behind the scenes...
I imagine he will have relied on his agent to do this sort of stuff. That's what they get paid for, after all.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Will Swindon start the season?

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I would say NO they won't. Clearly there's some extreme problems at Swindon.

Grateful to support City when I read about clubs like Swindon.

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Most of Sweenz's talking would have been with John McGreal who clearly rated him and would have probably reassured him. Once McGreal had gone it was always going to be a problem for whoever that manager had just signed.

i8cornwall

Yeah be fine, can't be much different or worse to what happened at Bolton two seasons ago.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
I imagine he will have relied on his agent to do this sort of stuff. That's what they get paid for, after all.
I mean... he's a fully grown man I'm sure he has access to internet as he manages to tweet nonsense

I mean... he's a fully grown man I'm sure he has access to internet as he manages to tweet nonsense
I think the industry infantilizes the players. Everyone, even the most humble League 2 squad player, seems to need an agent.

In Sweeney's case both his and his agent's knowledge of the industry they both find themselves in seems to be lacking.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
As suspected Salford spending money they don't have

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
And again that was last year before games with no fans, but then for Salford probably not much different

Status
Not open for further replies.