• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 2 News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Southend in court at 1030 today for the winding up petition.
C3A0B5AF-461D-445A-B129-3FA46A46D2E4.jpeg

DawlishBouy

Southend in court at 1030 today for the winding up petition.
View attachment 3799
paid their tax bill

denzel

paid their tax bill
What a surprise. Shame Macclesfield weren't given the same chances

DB9

What a surprise. Shame Macclesfield weren't given the same chances
Think Macclesfield were given numerous chances over the last 12-18 months, They like Southend were littered with bad management of the club as a whole but Southend managed to find the near £500k to pay their taxt bill off this time, I'm sure they will find themselves in the same predicament again.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Repeat in 18 months no doubt!

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Newport County topping the league.....can anyone recall which season it was when we played them at the old Somerton Park ground last game of the season needing a point to stay up.....losing 1-0 and equalising with only a few minutes left....cue scenes of utter delirium at the City end of the ground.

Oldsmobile-88

Newport County topping the league.....can anyone recall which season it was when we played them at the old Somerton Park ground last game of the season needing a point to stay up.....losing 1-0 and equalising with only a few minutes left....cue scenes of utter delirium at the City end of the ground.
82/83...Games at Newport kicked off at 3.15pm in those days & the Grecians were in the relegation place at 4.45pm.
Reading went down instead after Peter Rogers late equaliser.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
82/83...Games at Newport kicked off at 3.15pm in those days & the Grecians were in the relegation place at 4.45pm.
Reading went down instead after Peter Rogers late equaliser.
Olds thanks for very much for this I thought it was Peter Rogers which put it in the early 80s but no idea apart from that.

Red Devon

What a day....One of my all time favourite City matches.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
What a day....One of my all time favourite City matches.
Mine too I was late getting to the match. Couldn’t get into the City end but having hidden my City scarf I managed to get a seat amongst the home supporters in the grandstand. When we scored such a priceless
very late equaliser I was totally oblivious of the fact I was surrounded by all County supporters and jumped up cheering only to see that throughout the grandstand I was the only one doing so.

Maybe it was because I am half Welsh but the people around me knowing just how important that goal was to City supporters clapped me. No nasty or sarcastic comments they were genuinely pleased for me and one of the reasons I have always thought of the majority of County supporters as being a very friendly bunch.

I remember back in the days before segregation away supporters used to sit in Block A of the OG where as a family we also had our season ticket seats and County supporters would joke that all their players had pubs......happy days.

Status
Not open for further replies.