• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 2 News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Where has it been said in any official capacity that we can only sign scraps!?
On EXEWEB! - whose word is gospel!!

• Haha
Reactions: DB9

geoffwp

When a club signs a player in these circumstances can they instantly furlough the player? If a player is furloughed, can they be sold for a fee while still furloughed and then move to the new club to be furloughed there? Anyone any idea? I'm assuming if there are clubs actively involved in the transfer market, they are one of those with an owner with a lot of spare money to use. The entire situation is ridiculous IMO. I am pretty sure that crowds will not return until either the virus is totally suppressed, a very difficult thing to achieve in 'I can do what I want' UK, or there is a workable vaccine. No time soon then. Reading thru the thread I have to say there are some who seem so desperate to get to a game that they are pretty much in denial about the real world.

Alistair20000

When a club signs a player in these circumstances can they instantly furlough the player? If a player is furloughed, can they be sold for a fee while still furloughed and then move to the new club to be furloughed there? Anyone any idea? I'm assuming if there are clubs actively involved in the transfer market, they are one of those with an owner with a lot of spare money to use. The entire situation is ridiculous IMO. I am pretty sure that crowds will not return until either the virus is totally suppressed, a very difficult thing to achieve in 'I can do what I want' UK, or there is a workable vaccine. No time soon then. Reading thru the thread I have to say there are some who seem so desperate to get to a game that they are pretty much in denial about the real world.
No Geoffrey, an employer can only furlough an employee and claim from the government for that employee if he or she was employed by that employer at a date in March 2020. A PAYE return had to be filed at the time. So no room for naughtiness here.

Grecian2K

No Geoffrey, an employer can only furlough an employee and claim from the government for that employee if he or she was employed by that employer at a date in March 2020. A PAYE return had to be filed at the time. So no room for naughtiness here.
Oh, I'm sure that a clever enough accountant could find a way round that little inconvenience! :p
Let's face it - HMRC still have more loopholes than a knitting pattern.

denzel

I'm fine with scraps if that is what it is to be. I'm finding it madness that players are being signed at our level when clubs have no income and no idea when the season will start let alone when fans will be allowed in. There is so much is still up in the air at the moment and the likelihood is there will be plenty of players to choose from last minute and they will not only be desperate to find clubs but may also take less wages.

I'm happy to wait until we know just how the land lies.
FGR were the only club who wanted to complete the season so clearly Vince has limitless post of money to spend on his vanity project

Alistair20000

Oh, I'm sure that a clever enough accountant could find a way round that little inconvenience! :p
Let's face it - HMRC still have more loopholes than a knitting pattern.
Not on that one G2K. The lack of the PAYE report would kill it stone dead

DB9

FGR were the only club who wanted to complete the season so clearly Vince has limitless post of money to spend on his vanity project
Why is it a "Vanity" project?

Rosencrantz

Dale Vince is actually in favour of a wage cap in L2, limited to £2 million. So not unlimited but very much in excess of most of the rest of the division.

https://www.stroudnewsandjournal.co.uk/sport/18402967.league-two-salary-cap-end-wages-arms-race-insists-forest-green-chairman-dale-vince/

I think we might have a good idea at FGR's budget.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm assuming financial fair play is still law within the game, and as this concept is based around income I'm surprised many clubs can sign players at all.

budegrecian

Dale Vince is actually in favour of a wage cap in L2, limited to £2 million. So not unlimited but very much in excess of most of the rest of the division.

https://www.stroudnewsandjournal.co.uk/sport/18402967.league-two-salary-cap-end-wages-arms-race-insists-forest-green-chairman-dale-vince/

I think we might have a good idea at FGR's budget.
Indeed! So Dale Vince isn't actually in favor of a wage cap, he just doesn't want any other Lge 2 clubs to be able to spend more than he's planning to...

Status
Not open for further replies.