• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 2 News

Status
Not open for further replies.

StudentGrecian

Full details of their retained list

Some good players being let go there, I imagine its a sign of things to come with cost cutting. McKirdy looked a real talent at times this season, imagine someone will pick him up.

Legohead

Banned
Agree. McKirdy is a decent player. Thinks he's the lower league jack grealish mind but he's a good player. Surprised he's being let go.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think we need to get used to the fact that our policy of committing early to players will, for once, not be greatly to our advantage. Next season league two clubs will be able to sign really good players for the money that an average player commanded a year ago.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think we need to get used to the fact that our policy of committing early to players will, for once, not be greatly to our advantage. Next season league two clubs will be able to sign really good players for the money that an average player commanded a year ago.
Why sign when we make our own ?

andrew p long

Why sign when we make our own ?
The point is not who we sign but that lots of league two sides will be able to sign much better players than usual - the ones who will be released by Championship and League One Clubs. There will be lots of players of the quality of ,say, Nicky Law, available for much less money than usual that rivals with few contracted players can seek to sign.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Apparently Harry Redknapp has had many messages from L1, L2 and NL clubs in response to him saying he wants to buy a football club. Is he planning on using his own money or is he fronting up a consortium?

DB9

Apparently Harry Redknapp has had many messages from L1, L2 and NL clubs in response to him saying he wants to buy a football club. Is he planning on using his own money or is he fronting up a consortium?
Two thing Hants, If i were Harry Redknapp i wouldn't touch a club coming to you about buying and Harry never uses his own money.

Dannyred

I hope the EFL turn down the decision from league 2 last week on not playing the remaining games, this is wrong as all the games need to be played whenever it is safe even if it’s not till August or September time.

If there is promotion then there must be relegation in all leagues.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I hope the EFL turn down the decision from league 2 last week on not playing the remaining games, this is wrong as all the games need to be played whenever it is safe even if it’s not till August or September time.

If there is promotion then there must be relegation in all leagues.
Ideally, yes,

But where is the £400-500,000 per club (ie £10-12M) to do this coming from?

"The cost of tests alone was estimated to be £140,000. Our club doctor works in the NHS and our view was that it was unreasonable to take him from his duties there. As soon as the players came back, we would have to have taken them and other staff off furlough at a cost of approximately £200,000. There were other requirements which we and most League 2 clubs could not comply with. The total cost of all the requirements and loss of furlough would have been in excess of £400,000 at a time when we had no income."

andrew p long

Harry won’t be using his own money, but maybe his dog will...

Status
Not open for further replies.