League 2 News

....and an opportunity for me say "What goes around comes around" as Barrow away was my first ever game watching City. I don't imagine that transport has improved its accessibility it took me two days to get there and three to get back using British Railways. Subsequently when working on a project in Whitehaven I did go to see them play in the Conference, but even from Whitehaven it was a slow old journey.

Funny that! Barrow was the first ever game I watched as a small boy at Roots Hall in Southend!! It will be good to welcome them back!

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Me to, Tony Morrin played for Barrow
I was there as well,and I think you are correct,they did score first,and then we just piled in the goals,oh for a score line like that every weekend !
It was last game of the season IIRC. They went down. Tony Morrin was playing for them, next time I saw him he was in our team!

Oldsmobile-88

it was last home game not last game, and Tony was playing for us, and scored!
Yes..The last game that season was a rearranged game against Grimsby(Les’s first game) the following Tuesday.
The original game at Blundell Park was abandoned because of Fog on the 18th March.

Going back to the Barrow game it was 1-1 at HT.
Its not often you see 6 goals without reply in a half.

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster

Oldsmobile-88