• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 2 News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
Carl Fletcher, who nearly relegated Argyle a number of years ago, appointed head coach at Orient

And shortly afterwards Argyle are 4 up against them by half time ....

I can imagine the scenario.
"Yes Carl was an employee of Plymouth Argyle (stifled laugh) I recommend you employ him as head coach (glances at fixture list) ... immediately".

Last edited:

Stelios

Some odd things going on in the League 2 loan market. A Scunthorpe player on loan at Salford scored against... Scunthorpe (and celebrated!). Doyle is banging them in for Swindon (13 goals now) but he's on loan from promotion rivals Bradford. He's played for them both this season so wouldn't be able to sign for a 3rd club I believe?

Banksy

Some odd things going on in the League 2 loan market. A Scunthorpe player on loan at Salford scored against... Scunthorpe (and celebrated!). Doyle is banging them in for Swindon (13 goals now) but he's on loan from promotion rivals Bradford. He's played for them both this season so wouldn't be able to sign for a 3rd club I believe?
Is it a dozen goals ? What do Bradford’s fans make of that I wonder?

StudentGrecian

Is it a dozen goals ? What do Bradford’s fans make of that I wonder?
You’d have to think that they are paying a decent loan fee for him? If not, then surely it can’t be long before Bradford recall him.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
There are rumours that Jim Bentley is finally leaving Morecambe which, if true, would make Matt Taylor the 21st longest serving manager in the football league.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wycombe's Supporter's Trust have sold ownership of their club to some random American dude. This article is very balanced and makes an interesting contrast with City.

There was an interview with the new owner 44 minutes into this podcast.

Colesman Ballz

Wycombe's Supporter's Trust have sold ownership of their club to some random American dude. This article is very balanced and makes an interesting contrast with City.

There was an interview with the new owner 44 minutes into this podcast.
Ahem, Wycombe are not in League 2 ! It is of course a very interesting story non the less. A New Orleans lawyer who was already to take over Yeovil, until they were relegated to the Conference, turns to A Trust owned Club (in a bit financial bother) instead. At a cost of £2.8M to wipe out debts, £1M cash injection plus covering the ground rental for x number of years. If Ainsworth does get them into the Championship this season, there will be plenty of instant profit !

It is sad to see another Trust owned club, "give up the fight" and sell up, and I hope that they don't come to regret the decision, and suffer the fate of Notts County and others.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Jim Bentley departs Morecambe is confirmed. Wonder what next for Morecambe after they went bottom of the table on aturday?

Rosencrantz

Jim Bentley departs Morecambe is confirmed. Wonder what next for Morecambe after they went bottom of the table on aturday?

He has done a great job keeping them up year after year but it was always a battle that he will lose at some point. Fylde are ambitious.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Colchester in the quarter-finals of the League after beating Crawley 3-1.

Status
Not open for further replies.