• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 2 News

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrg333

At our MK Dons game, someone from behind me on the Big Bank called Aneke a "coon". Happy with that as well?
What a truly bizarre reply.

I condemned the racism in my post explicitly. I also explicitly referred to Twitter (and the 'block' function) to make a distinction between twitter insults and real life abuse.

How you can leap from those explicit statements to implying that I'd be 'happy' with someone calling Aneke a "coon" to his face really does confuse and surprise me. Are you a bit dim or just deliberately misreading my message? Either way pretty abysmal response from a 'moderator' of all people.

Last edited:

jrg333

Great riposte.
It was completely irrelevant to my post in which i a. condemned racism, and b. made a distinction between face-to-face and online, twitter abuse.

So no, not really 'great' was it?

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Indeed it was particularly the Swindon v Oldham game. Swindon and Newport still threats but two more wins and a draw and we will finish safely in the playoffs.
Don’t bet on it SB...there’ll be more twists & turns than a garden hose in the run in.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
What a truly bizarre reply.

I condemned the racism in my post explicitly. I also explicitly referred to Twitter (and the 'block' function) to make a distinction between twitter insults and real life abuse.

How you can leap from those explicit statements to implying that I'd be 'happy' with someone calling Aneke a "coon" to his face really does confuse and surprise me. Are you a bit dim or just deliberately misreading my message? Either way pretty abysmal response from a 'moderator' of all people.
Where did you condemn racism in your post. I've reread it several times and don't see it.

We're trying to make football inclusive where all people from the community are welcome. Having this crap from a Tranmere fan, having that bit of racism from an Exeter fan, the Mo Salah bomber song sung by Chelsea fans, the West Ham fans singing about foreskins are all depressing behaviours and say to many members of the community that you aren't welcome.

fred binneys head

He called him a “racist idiot” and a “piece of ****”. I think it’s fair to say he condemned the person who did it.

Colesman Ballz

Well at least Lincoln City Council haven't just trotted out that overused image of the Cypriot, aka Grimsby, aka Torquay one, rebadged ! ;)

jrg333

Where did you condemn racism in your post. I've reread it several times and don't see it.
I called the person who wrote the tweet a 'racist idiot' and a 'lonely piece of ****'. If that's not condemning him, I'm not sure what is.

We're trying to make football inclusive where all people from the community are welcome. Having this crap from a Tranmere fan, having that bit of racism from an Exeter fan, the Mo Salah bomber song sung by Chelsea fans, the West Ham fans singing about foreskins are all depressing behaviours and say to many members of the community that you aren't welcome.
Which is why I stated that it's important to distinguish between twitter abuse (which can be permanently 'blocked' with the click of a button) and face-to-face abuse. It is an important distinction to make: you can't 'block' real life abuse but you can with Twitter abuse, very effectively.

Your attempt to suggest that I'd be 'happy' to see an Exeter fan call someone a "coon" to his face was way below the belt and completely at odds with what I'd written. I'll say it again, your response was not great, especially coming from a so-called admin of this forum. The fact that you reread my post and still claimed that you can't see any condemnation of racism suggests you'd rather double down on your lie than admit your mistake. Abysmal stuff.

Last edited:

IndoMike

Well that's a thoroughly depressing response.

At our MK Dons game, someone from behind me on the Big Bank called Aneke a "coon". Happy with that as well?
I assume you turned around and put him in his place, Hants.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not just League Two but very interesting article listing ownership of all EFL Clubs. Hope the link works.

https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/efl-richest-owners-revealed-how-2764237

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
MK Dons statement on events at last week's game at Tranmere https://www.mkdons.com/news/2019/april/club-statement-social-media-rumours-and-allegations

Status
Not open for further replies.