• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 2 News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Tranmere fan accused of racially abusing Chuks Aneke https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47933299

jrg333

Oh great, more public money spent on the police investigating 'nasty' tweets while the rest of us who've suffered burglaries, assault, and vandalism wait in line I guess.

Aneke would never even see a post like this unless he searched for it. And, when found, he (and others) can simply press the 'block' button and never hear from this racist idiot again. It's insane that we spend so much money on hurt feelings when there are people, like my mate who had has jaw broken in an unprovoked attack and had to eat through a straw for 5 weeks, are told to investigate their own crimes by asking local businesses for CCTV.

Who cares what a lonely piece of **** on twitter writes? He has no influence. And the 'block' function is there for a reason.

"Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will leave mental scars that are like, so much worse dude..." <--- god only knows how we arrived at this position.

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Oh great, more public money spent on the police investigating 'nasty' tweets while the rest of us who've suffered burglaries, assault, and vandalism wait in line I guess.

Aneke would never even see a post like this unless he searched for it. And, when found, he (and others) can simply press the 'block' button and never hear from this racist idiot again. It's insane that we spend so much money on hurt feelings when there are people, like my mate who had has jaw broken in an unprovoked attack and had to eat through a straw for 5 weeks, are told to investigate their own crimes by asking local businesses for CCTV.

Who cares what a lonely piece of **** on twitter writes? He has no influence. And the 'block' function is there for a reason.

"Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will leave mental scars that are like, so much worse dude..." <--- god only knows how we arrived at this position.
Well that's a thoroughly depressing response.

At our MK Dons game, someone from behind me on the Big Bank called Aneke a "coon". Happy with that as well?

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster

All of the cases you mentioned are bad.
The problem regarding physical assault is that the sentences are too light. In the case of your mate the bloke who did it should get 10 years minimum sentence.

Temporarily Exiled

Police have an impossibly hard job following funding cuts. Fewer police, fewer crimes investigated. Add it to a crumbling court system with legal aid removed for a wide array of cases and we end up with justice not done. We all know where the blame for that lies...

Last edited:

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
For some relief, here's a bizarre story involving Colchester United and a flying burger.
https://twitter.com/ColU_Official/status/1111347559514230784

flakey pasty

Well that's a thoroughly depressing response.

At our MK Dons game, someone from behind me on the Big Bank called Aneke a "coon". Happy with that as well?
Great riposte.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Police have an impossibly hard job following funding cuts. Fewer police, fewer crimes investigated. Add it to a crumbling court system with legal aid removed for a wide array of cases and we end up with justice not done. We all know where the blame for that lies...
With the Tranmere fan its an easy case the offence has been committed the person has been found out within probably minutes will be spoken to and the appropriate action taken another case closed instead of spending hours / days trying to find a person responsible for a crime like burglary etc then bringing them to court months later.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Temporarily Exiled

They need one for the same reason that Luton needed a new one. Current stadium is very hemmed-in and demand outstrips supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.