• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 2 news 2021/22

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Bristol Rovers spent fewer days in the automatic promotion places this season (1), than Manager Joey Barton had court cases for aggravated assault (2).
A case of one's enough two's two too many

dontpassback

Apparently the ref has reported Bristol Rovers to the FA over the pitch invasion so a big fine could be heading there way

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Apparently the ref has reported Bristol Rovers to the FA over the pitch invasion so a big fine could be heading there way
According to the report I read, the referee was ready to abandon the game. In a bid to prevent this, Barton took to the PA system and pleaded with Gas fans to behave.

budegrecian

According to the report I read, the referee was ready to abandon the game. In a bid to prevent this, Barton took to the PA system and pleaded with Gas fans to behave.
Somewhat ironic isn't it? Joey Barton pleading for good behaviour...

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Bristol Rovers spent fewer days in the automatic promotion places this season (1), than Manager Joey Barton had court cases for aggravated assault (2).
One report said they were only in the auto places for 15 minutes over the entire season!

Spoonz Red E

One report said they were only in the auto places for 15 minutes over the entire season!
I think that mirrors the year they went out of the league - when I don't remember them being in the bottom 2 until the last day.

DB9

The one thing that sticks in my mind about Saturday is that FGR winning the title which is fair play and they ended up on top, B. Rovers had an incredible 7-0 win to get 3rd spot and promotion and we sort of "Got Lost" in all that, Even though this is our first promotion in a decade and I'm so happy we're up, We ended up not being acknowledged about in the same vein as the other two, Not sure if this sounds petty (Probably does) but just feel we were forgotten about after the results.

Oldsmobile-88

Swindon have had a good season whatever the outcome of their play off bid. They only had 6 players signed on 2 weeks before the season started, could only sign free agents due to a transfer embargo initially.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
The one thing that sticks in my mind about Saturday is that FGR winning the title which is fair play and they ended up on top, B. Rovers had an incredible 7-0 win to get 3rd spot and promotion and we sort of "Got Lost" in all that, Even though this is our first promotion in a decade and I'm so happy we're up, We ended up not being acknowledged about in the same vein as the other two, Not sure if this sounds petty (Probably does) but just feel we were forgotten about after the results.
Bit like our "run" to the Autos going under the radar as everyone creamed themselves on the Vegans

Reactions: DB9

andrew p long

A 1 point deduction would be fun...!