• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 2 news 2021/22

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
If it stays like that then FGR already have a four point lead.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
2-2 now and Ashley Nadesen has been sent off for Crawley.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
If it stays like that then FGR already have a four point lead.
Means fark all at this stage of the season, we'll soon be up there with them.

sign of the chimes

Some Mansfield fans think it's Sharpe
Sharpe can't have been there for that long - he was at Wigan before (I think he might be the grandson of Dave Whelan?)

The common denominator at Mansfield has been the Radfords. Though it does feel as though they've professionalised the operation a bit in the last year or so, including the appointment of Clough.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Impressive and professional setup which seemingly leads to no end product...something isn't right.
I was underwhelmed by Sharpe's words at the end...'we're going to do it all again on deadline day in January'

How about getting your transfer business done earlier in the window? All this lat minute panic often leads to mistakes ....

sign of the chimes

I was underwhelmed by Sharpe's words at the end...'we're going to do it all again on deadline day in January'

How about getting your transfer business done earlier in the window? All this lat minute panic often leads to mistakes ....
To be fair, one of the centre-halves they'd managed to secure was only until January so assuming at the very least they'd need to look for reinforcements there? To be even fairer, can't think of many clubs who do no business in January.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
To be fair, one of the centre-halves they'd managed to secure was only until January so assuming at the very least they'd need to look for reinforcements there? To be even fairer, can't think of many clubs who do no business in January.
fair points. But what I was trying to suggest was that January transfer business in the month long window is often better done in the first fourteen days rather than the last 14 hours..or last 14 minutes...

sign of the chimes

fair points. But what I was trying to suggest was that January transfer business in the month long window is often better done in the first fourteen days rather than the last 14 hours..or last 14 minutes...
Oops, I misinterpreted the emphasis in your post. That said, I assume that like the summer window player/agent demands change a bit the later things get - must be a nightmare for clubs to try and deal at the optimum point in any window given all the variables.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Barrow beat Newport 2-1 last night.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Walsall leading the Gas 1-0 will this be the wife beater's last game? The gas now 23rd