• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 2 news 2021/22

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Ob balance I think I would prefer Mansfield to get to the final

Overall I like to see Swindon in League 1 with us next season
Swindon would be good, and it'd be nice not to play Northampton for a while.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
A Swindon - Mansfield final would probably be best in terms of entertainment and as far as City are concerned the only good outcome is Swindon winning it from a financial point of view. Unless you have a situation as per Port Vale last week, the other three are never going to bring a thousand down to St James Park and we are never going to take a thousand up there (unless it's as per Northampton two weeks ago.

Colesman Ballz

Bearing in mind that profits from the final are shared out equally between all League 2 teams, the largest crowd, and therefore biggest financial benefit for City, would probably be Swindon v Port Vale. Swindon winning would also be best in terms of next season both financially and travelling wise.

SaintJames

There's no point in going down the "Rich benefactors, Chucking money at a team" route it does nothing except make us look envious and as this season has proved and the ones where we didn't quite make it, We held our own, Its what you do with the budget you get, Not the amount. L1 will have many more teams with much bigger budgets and we just have to get on with it, Not moan about it, I'm sure MT and the club don't go on about it.
Where was I moaning about it? I was just making a point of reference really and my comment was to illustrate that regardless of the money we will have a good season next year imo

DB9

Where was I moaning about it? I was just making a point of reference really and my comment was to illustrate that regardless of the money we will have a good season next year imo
Ok, So the word "Moan" perhaps i shouldn't have used that one but my point about many on here constantly refering about other clubs finances is pointless stands (IMO) I hope we have a great season too, It will be a lot harder i think though.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Need the FA cup finished before kick off!

Mansfield line up

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Still seems a strange time for KO on a Saturday , I know its the cup weekend but why not have the game on a Monday.

fred binneys head

Mansfield take the lead against Northampton 1-0, decent goal

fred binneys head

Another good goal 2-0