• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 2 managers salary rates

We all seem to know what Tisdale earns around £150,000 + expenses and a free car by all accounts

Happened upon this interesting snippet from an LMA survey from under two years ago

"League Two managers earn an average of £50,000 a year... that's £8m less than Premier League leader Jose Mourinho

The huge difference in wages between Premier League and Football League bosses has been revealed in a new report by the League Managers Association.

The average yearly wage of a League Two manager is £50,000 - £25,000 less than bosses in the division above."

So the question surely is not WHO we get to replace Tisdale - but which League 1 boss ( or probably even Championship manager) could we tempt down with a double your money offer?? Or indeed which 3 League 2 managers

Additionally - have absolutely no accountability and likelihood of getting fired around zero

Dont have to take training everyday

Take the glory for the Youth set up when Hayward does all the work

Scouting mileage kept to a minimum

What is going on at our club??

I have often heard the justification that Tisdale does more than one job at the club ( though would be nice if he concentrated on winning games IMHO) is it really twice as much as anyone else in the League above!??

We must be the laughing stock of every club in the league falling for this Tagg / Tisdale line

6 points from 24 - injuries or not - from someone on that package and relative to his peers

Having a laugh surely !?

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Add 80k p.a. for S Perryman Tisdale's comfort blanket we are paying a lot of dosh for our management team.

manc grecian

Add 80k p.a. for S Perryman Tisdale's comfort blanket we are paying a lot of dosh for our management team.
I reckon you could have a new manager and change for a left back and ball winning centre midfielder.

STURTZ

Don't think there's anything wrong with Tisdale as a bloke, I even think his heart is in the right place and generally his ideas for the club are pretty good. Just think he's a crap manager that's all.

Ten seasons of thinking and still no tangible results from his cerebral activities have to make you think that we'd probably be better off with a shouter.

Antony Moxey

We all seem to know what Tisdale earns around £150,000 + expenses and a free car by all accounts.
Do we? We've seen it written here plenty of times that he trousers a packet with various figures bandied about but has any of it ever actually been proven? Or is it one of those Exeweb 'truths' that if you say it often enough it becomes fact.

Personally I remain to be convinced, plus wonder on the relevance of a comparison with salaries from two years ago. I also wonder on the validity of the claims about both Tagg's and Perryman's packages too.

Does anyone have any real, genuine, actual, accurate and confirmed proof about who earns what at the club?

flakey pasty

Does anyone have any real, genuine, actual, accurate and confirmed proof about who earns what at the club?
What's the point when it's so much more fun making numbers up?

Do we? We've seen it written here plenty of times that he trousers a packet with various figures bandied about but has any of it ever actually been proven? Or is it one of those Exeweb 'truths' that if you say it often enough it becomes fact.

Personally I remain to be convinced, plus wonder on the relevance of a comparison with salaries from two years ago. I also wonder on the validity of the claims about both Tagg's and Perryman's packages too.

I dont think it's an urban myth-pretty confident from a sensible source who has had sight of relevant paperwork over the last 10 years that the figure is and was accurate 2 years ago.

Having said that I am led to believe no one can lay hands on the contract for inspection - surely the board can demand to see this and at least reassure those of us who fund it through the turnstiles and/or sponsorship of its relative accuracy.

If it's inaccurate I would thought it would be in everyone's best interest to confirm or deny

My view that although Tagg full of weasel words he's not stupid or brazen enough to outright lie.

Over to you "Taggy"

Antony Moxey

Seeing as the club don't officially read Exeweb then what do they have to deny? I still remain unconvinced that anyone on here truly knows who earns what.

Seeing as the club don't officially read Exeweb then what do they have to deny? I still remain unconvinced that anyone on here truly knows who earns what.
Surely trust board members should tugg their fore locks Taggwards

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster

Three or four years ago someone in high authority at the Club told me that the management/coaching budget was costing £500,000 a year............and he wasn't too happy about it!...........that excludes Tagg.