• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 1 News 22-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boyo

There were two substitutions in injury time, one for each side
There was a player down injured for another minute as well. It was such a rubbish goal to concede. The centre half who scuffed his clearance which rolled out to Bannon on the edge of the box (who then played it wide for the cross) will have nightmares about that moment.

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Did feel a little bit sorry for Peterborough last night- 6mins were added for stoppage time at the end of 2nd half and wed equalised in the 98 min. If it had been us on the end of that we would have been fuming! Ferguson did have a meltdown
Remember it's a MINIMUM of X amount of time, Not injury time (Amount) set in stone, So as others have said, Subs, Injured players etc and a ref will (Should) add on that time. Always wonder why a winning team wastes time, Put on sub etc, I'd want what the ref puts on at the end of a game over as quickly as possible.

Bridgy 81

Remember it's a MINIMUM of X amount of time, Not injury time (Amount) set in stone, So as others have said, Subs, Injured players etc and a ref will (Should) add on that time. Always wonder why a winning team wastes time, Put on sub etc, I'd want what the ref puts on at the end of a game over as quickly as possible.
Apart from very late substitutions for tactical or injury reasons, I think if the winning team are under pressure, substitutions are usually made in an attempt to disrupt their opponents momentum.

Red Devon

Not good for them, but at least it means we won’t be bottom of the table after next season’s first round of matches, even if we get battered by whoever we play!
City don’t get battered everywhere we go :)

Grecian2K

City don’t get battered everywhere we go :)
Except in Suffolk. 😭

sign of the chimes

"Business as usual" say Fleetwood. Hmm. Found guilt of fraud, remanded in custody; and custodial sentence likely.

Oldsmobile-88

"Business as usual" say Fleetwood. Hmm. Found guilt of fraud, remanded in custody; and custodial sentence likely.
I remember when I first visited Fleetwood FC,I asked a steward how all the finance for the club was generated... His answer was simple “They are all crooks running football clubs in this area, Oyston is just down the road at Blackpool” 😁😁😎

DB9

After last night's breathless game, Tonight, Barnsley are currently 1-0 up against Bolton, Leading 2-1 on agg

Rosencrantz

After last night's breathless game, Tonight, Barnsley are currently 1-0 up against Bolton, Leading 2-1 on agg
I see they were ready for flares and put it out quickly and efficiently, take note Cheltenham 😉

Lucky then that they didn't have the Morecambe ref, as would have been 14 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.