• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 1 News 22-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Bizarrely you lot could have a massive say in this promotion race. I don’t really expect you lot to get anything at Ipswich or Wednesday but a few points taken from Barnsley would be great for your rivals promotion hopes! Thanks in advance
Wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if we picked up a few minor 'injuries' on Saturday and were forced to play some untried youngsters against Barnsley on Tuesday.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if we picked up a few minor 'injuries' on Saturday and were forced to play some untried youngsters against Barnsley on Tuesday.
Not for me as I want three points each and every time we play

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
I hope we screw up all of the promotion riders efforts by beating them all. But happy to beat Argyle 5-0 instead of 1-0.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm not saying I want us to lose to Barnsley, but if we finish the season and Argyle fail to get promoted partly because we lost to Barnsley I'd be very pleased.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm not saying I want us to lose to Barnsley, but if we finish the season and Argyle fail to get promoted partly because we lost to Barnsley I'd be very pleased.
I wouldn't be. I want us to win all of our games. Not particularly fussed on how that sits with any other sides in the division.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
I wouldn't be. I want us to win all of our games. Not particularly fussed on how that sits with any other sides in the division.
I'll give you 2 options, which one would you take:

1) We beat Barnsley, finish 12th on 53 points and Argyle finish 2nd

2) We lose to Barnsley, finish 13th on 50 points and Argyle finish 3rd

I'm taking option 1 all day...

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Wouldn’t want to be playing Barnsley anytime soon 😬

Colesman Ballz

No, they’re getting the luck , a mark of a promotion team.Plus the fact that they’re winning pretty consistently of course , that helps!
Bleedin' 'ell Banksy, whilst I can just about tolerate you being our resident pessimist, being optimistic for the Greenies is a bit "beyond the pale" old chap, it's just not cricket ! 😎

Banksy

Bleedin' 'ell Banksy, whilst I can just about tolerate you being our resident pessimist, being optimistic for the Greenies is a bit "beyond the pale" old chap, it's just not cricket ! 😎
Didn’t realise you liked me that much CB!
During my long life though I’ve noticed the above to be true like it or not , they’ll probably be promoted by a deflection off the ref’s backside. But as you will reluctantly agree , they are consistent with their good results even if they have to scrape them sometimes , that is the mark of many a promotion team , along with the solid home record.
And there’s always the upside , when they’re a thriving Championship side we can always be their nursery side with our great academy setup.😃

andrew p long

I, for one, never wish for a City defeat (and particularly when the outcome of our season is not yet mathematically certain!)

Status
Not open for further replies.