• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 1 News 22-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

sign of the chimes

Huh?
I'll give you odds of 1/3 that Cowley tells our 'group' to 'stay humble' if we're winning. If it's a more tactical team-talk he'll talk about playing through the thirds, attacking the half spaces; and triangles.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'll give you odds of 1/3 that Cowley tells our 'group' to 'stay humble' if we're winning. If it's a more tactical team-talk he'll talk about playing through the thirds, attacking the half spaces; and triangles.
Although my 'appetite on how to consume content' has (as the EFL marketing person says) changed some 'appetites for content' stay the same.

Like disliking pretentious marketing b****** spouted by EFL executives.

I suppose coverage of our game -v- Ipswich was a forerunner of this nonsense, with the build up interrupted by an item of Cowley giving an 'insight into what happens pre match in the dressing room' That took up much of the pre match 30 minutes that hadn't already been swamped by adverts. This led to particularly poor pre-match coverage about the game itself. I thought it was especially disrespectful to the Ipswich manager, with only the shortest of pre match interview broadcast.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Two more naughty teams

sign of the chimes

Although my 'appetite on how to consume content' has (as the EFL marketing person says) changed some 'appetites for content' stay the same.

Like disliking pretentious marketing b****** spouted by EFL executives.

I suppose coverage of our game -v- Ipswich was a forerunner of this nonsense, with the build up interrupted by an item of Cowley giving an 'insight into what happens pre match in the dressing room' That took up much of the pre match 30 minutes that hadn't already been swamped by adverts. This led to particularly poor pre-match coverage about the game itself. I thought it was especially disrespectful to the Ipswich manager, with only the shortest of pre match interview broadcast.
That sums up Sky's EFL coverage really - particularly below the Championship. Fill the 15/20 minutes build up with as much chatter with the paid talking heads as possible and as little proper content. This dressing room stuff is just a testing ground for something that won't take off (pretty sure I remember ITV trying something similar with their coverage in the years just before the Premier League started); L1 guinea pigs! Ainsworth and Cowley both do the 'rentagob' scene on Sky and podcasts so guess it's an easy opportunity. It will be pretty much only Wycombe and Pompey fans who aren't at the match watching anyway!

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
That sums up Sky's EFL coverage really - particularly below the Championship. Fill the 15/20 minutes build up with as much chatter with the paid talking heads as possible and as little proper content. This dressing room stuff is just a testing ground for something that won't take off (pretty sure I remember ITV trying something similar with their coverage in the years just before the Premier League started); L1 guinea pigs! Ainsworth and Cowley both do the 'rentagob' scene on Sky and podcasts so guess it's an easy opportunity. It will be pretty much only Wycombe and Pompey fans who aren't at the match watching anyway!
Real footy fans like us Grecians will watch to see the staged manager punch up !
UTC & PUP

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I don't think we've heard a decision about the behaviour of some of our fans for the Rovers game, expensive for Barnsley

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
I don't think we've heard a decision about the behaviour of some of our fans for the Rovers game, expensive for Barnsley
Bleeding hell,hope we don't get fined that much.
Might change a few people's minds about what is acceptable as banter

Andy Holloway

Bleeding hell,hope we don't get fined that much.
I'm sure they'll be more than happy to dig deep in their pockets, should we get the same fine, to cover the cost so that the club don't end up footing the bill for their bit of ' innocent banter'!

dommers

I doubt it

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
I agree with dommers. I doubt they even care.

Status
Not open for further replies.