• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 1 News 22-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
So? New owners, They can sign who and whatever terms they like, Also we have no idea how much they'll be on.
Theoretically at least, this is not true. They are still under a transfer embargo, and are only permitted to sign players according to strict conditions which limit the amounts which they can pay in relation to players, agents and transfer fees. The new owner has had to sign an agreement with the EFL to this effect. Of course this will rely on the EFL effectively monitoring and enforcing the agreed budget !

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Theoretically at least, this is not true. They are still under a transfer embargo, and are only permitted to sign players according to strict conditions which limit the amounts which they can pay in relation to players, agents and transfer fees. The new owner has had to sign an agreement with the EFL to this effect. Of course this will rely on the EFL effectively monitoring and enforcing the agreed budget !
Bit like Blojo telling the truth!

DB9

I guess i should have put "Within EFL conditions/rules", I was answering that a new owner comes in and they start signing players en mass, TBF they only had 5 contracted players since the last season ended so they do need to sign quite a few in a short space of time.

grecIAN Harris

Derby have just signed Conor Hourihane, James Chester and David McGoldrick. All pushing on now in footballing age terms, but that's a serious core of higher level experience.
I think anybody who hasn't put Derby top of their League predictions might want to have another think. Hourihane on his own is a big enough statement of intent at League 1 level

STURTZ

Hourihane has been a tremendous talent but on the downhill slope now. Last season he struggled to last until half time.

IndoMike

I think anybody who hasn't put Derby top of their League predictions might want to have another think. Hourihane on his own is a big enough statement of intent at League 1 level
Maybe. But these types of parts can't always adapt to playing In front of small crowds as they must do at Morecambe, Fleetwood, FGR, Shrewsbury, Burton ++.
I'll bet you 20 quid Derby don't finish top.

grecIAN Harris

Maybe. But these types of parts can't always adapt to playing In front of small crowds as they must do at Morecambe, Fleetwood, FGR, Shrewsbury, Burton ++.
I'll bet you 20 quid Derby don't finish top.
If memory serves, Hourihane started at Argiggle when they were on the slide so I would think he is more than used to it. Don't forget McGoldrick was playing for Southampton when they were playing us in League 1. The only one to suffer with altitude problems is James Chester.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
If memory serves, Hourihane started at Argiggle when they were on the slide so I would think he is more than used to it. Don't forget McGoldrick was playing for Southampton when they were playing us in League 1. The only one to suffer with altitude problems is James Chester.
He needs to take his head out the clouds then

IndoMike

Yes, perhaps you're right, but I do think it gets harder for these players to "slum it" as they get older.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
FGR have renamed their ground. Ironic given how difficult it is to get there and to their proposed new ground

Status
Not open for further replies.