• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 1 News 22-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecfc70

I believe Middlesbrough restarted in what would be today's L2 but that was years ago plus if that happens again the likes of Newport, Aldershot, Wimbledon and Bury may be a bit irked

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
I believe Middlesbrough restarted in what would be today's L2 but that was years ago plus if that happens again the likes of Newport, Aldershot, Wimbledon and Bury may be a bit irked
Yep they did back in 1986 IIRC, With respect to those other clubs you've mentioned Derby folding would cause more ructions then any of those clubs, They'd be a more concerted effort to save Derby, Unfair? Yes but imo that would happen.

ecfc70

You could've arguably said the same if Chelsea had fallen, to me if you go bust then you reapply at the lowest level as the club will more than likely be reborn under a slightly different name and therefore a new club, its a tricky one though

DB9

You could've arguably said the same if Chelsea had fallen, to me if you go bust then you reapply at the lowest level as the club will more than likely be reborn under a slightly different name and therefore a new club, its a tricky one though
Totally agree but you know how these things work, They'd rather find a way to save a Chelsea or Derby but an Aldershot or Maidstone, Nah.

DB9

Reports that Mike Ashley might be waiting in the wings and could bid for Derby.

iscalad

At least he has the money.

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
*** Joe Kinnear and Denis Wise dust off their tracksuits ***

ExeterCraic

Armani Little has signed for FGR after leaving Torquay.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Armani Little has signed for FGR after leaving Torquay.
More chance of league two football!

andrew p long

Derby's proposed takeover is on the brink of collapse after preferred bidder Chris Kirchner has failed to get the deal over the line after having the process extended twice and failed to pay wages as promised.

*** Olds beat me to it.
Didn't realise that Kirchner tried to buy PNE at one time, I never trust these "Investors" who "Whore" themselves looking or a club to buy, Sounds like a person is looking to asset strip companies/football clubs.
arentcha sick to death of the liars cheats and vultures that prey on football clubs? Whilst its not clear to me who is to blame this time round, there is the usual nonsense being talked (in the BBC report) about technical difficulties/delays about transferring the money across the Atlantic. It is perfectly straightforward for someone with available American cash and a modest degree of competence to transfer the money to the UK.

Status
Not open for further replies.