• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 1 News 22-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Meant to write "played away at Pride Park".
Oh dear. Old Wayne hasn't been at it again has he?

Oldsmobile-88

The takeover deal at Derby County is in imminent danger of collapse putting the clubs future at grave risk. Funds from a US investor for a takeover have not materialised as promised by the end of May.

DB9

Derby's proposed takeover is on the brink of collapse after preferred bidder Chris Kirchner has failed to get the deal over the line after having the process extended twice and failed to pay wages as promised.

*** Olds beat me to it.

Oldsmobile-88

Derby's proposed takeover is on the brink of collapse after preferred bidder Chris Kirchner has failed to get the deal over the line after having the process extended twice and failed to pay wages as promised.

*** Olds beat me to it.
I wonder what the EFL will do if it does not go through ?

That is a huge club in the EFL to potentially go tits up. I doubt the EFL could/would allow them to start the season still in administration.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The EFL could take over but if the season hasn't started then they may let them fold.

DB9

I wonder what the EFL will do if it does not go through ?

That is a huge club in the EFL to potentially go tits up. I doubt the EFL could/would allow them to start the season still in administration.
Another huge penalty points deduction on the cards at the very least? But a real threat of going bust and maybe starting from the bottom like Rangers did in Scotland, They still stayed in the Scottish league but at their L2 level, Where would a "New" Derby County start though?

Oldsmobile-88

Another huge penalty points deduction on the cards at the very least?
Where would a "New" Derby County start though?
On past scenarios involving clubs in financial difficulties the NL would probably not touch them with a barge pole.

DB9

Didn't realise that Kirchner tried to buy PNE at one time, I never trust these "Investors" who "Whore" themselves looking or a club to buy, Sounds like a person is looking to asset strip companies/football clubs.

DB9

On past scenarios involving clubs in financial difficulties the NL would probably not touch them with a barge pole.
You're right but a big club like Derby might be a big pull? Quite often in the NL a club can't be promoted to it because of stadium/financial issues, A few seasons we've had clubs not being relegated because promoted clubs from NL North and South can't meet the criteria.

DB9

Haven't heard of any Derby County Trust that might step in to at least offer to run the club, With up to 30k possible members surely Morris and the local Council/EFL would look favourably even if to stabilise the club, They might languish in the lower leagues for a while but they'd still have a club, Portsmouth being in similar circumstances a while ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.