• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 1 News 22-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmy

Northampton filing official complaint to the EFL about Scunny fielding a weakened team. Allegedly because they sold a player to Rovers earlier in the season with a clause that would get them more money if Rovers got promoted. Curiouser and curiouser.
I haven't read into it too deeply. However, just on an initial look, I believe the rule is that 10 players from the previous match day squad needed to be in the next squad. Scunthorpe did that. So, I'm not sure Northampton have a leg to stand on. Unless their claim is that Scunny actually threw the game!

Andy_H

Northampton filing official complaint to the EFL about Scunny fielding a weakened team. Allegedly because they sold a player to Rovers earlier in the season with a clause that would get them more money if Rovers got promoted. Curiouser and curiouser.
If the EFL act in line with the speed they react to other things then possibly they'll have opened the email by Christmas 2024! Don't hold your breath though Northampton Town.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Once the playoff semis have started (Saturday) it will surely be too late?

older-codger

With Scunthorpe now in the National League, then presumably EFL have no jurisdiction over them

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Guessing that the player involved is none other than former loanee Ryan Loft !

Colesman Ballz

With Scunthorpe now in the National League, then presumably EFL have no jurisdiction over them
Agreed until such time (if ever) that they gain promotion back up from the Conference.
However I am sure that, if so minded, the FA could take action along the lines of "Bringing the Game into disrepute", as the alleged deliberate throwing of a game is an absolute no no. I wouldn't hold my breath though ! :cool:

ryancooper327

FGR will be without their boss, star midfielder and maybe RWB. Only a week after winning the league!

Grecian2K

FGR will be without their boss, star midfielder and maybe RWB. Only a week after winning the league!

Perhaps coming (very close!!!) second will turn out to be a benefit in disguise!

Rosencrantz

Perhaps coming (very close!!!) second will turn out to be a benefit in disguise!
It's probably more down to running away with the league for most of the season. These deals will have been in the making well before the end of the season.

wiveygrecian

The 3 down from the Championship managed taking this many away fans on average .
Derby 1813
Barnsley 860
Peterborough 792

Status
Not open for further replies.