• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 1 News 22-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

sign of the chimes

The journey from hell on the way back from Sunderland for a League Cup tie in 2015. The A1(M) was closed for a long stretch, I had to cut across the top of the country to join the M6, passing the junction for Morecambe at 1230 am !
Got back to Exeter at 0530...I will be staying over if we play them next season & its a midweeker 😎

A similar ball breaking trip back from Roker Park in 1989, this time fog was the issue, again a 0530 arrival time back in Exeter.
Sounds like you were Olds-notso-mobile for those trips. I'd definitely do an over-nighter if I was venturing that far up country. You've earned your stripes!

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sounds like you were Olds-notso-mobile for those trips. I'd definitely do an over-nighter if I was venturing that far up country. You've earned your stripes!
Back in work at 0800 too on both trips 😁

I struggle with midweekers driving back after the game nowadays, I’ve only done that if the fella who travels with me has to work the next day.

older-codger

Was thinking of past players who could be returning to SJP next season (playing against us!)

This could be an interesting line up:

Dawson

Storey. Martin. JMT

Wilson. Boateng. Sercombe Randall

Wheeler

Bowman. Stockleigh

Martin subject to Port Vale winning play-offs and Storey returning. on loan to Sheff Wed but was a bit stuck on CB's

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Was thinking of past players who could be returning to SJP next season (playing against us!)

Dawson

Storey. Martin. JMT

Wheeler

Bowman. Stockleigh

Martin subject to Port Vale winning play-offs and Storey returning. on loan to Sheff Wed but was a bit stuck on CB's
Pomeroy, or English??

older-codger

Pomeroy, or English??
English - straight out of my family history ;)

SaintJames

Dawson

Storey. Martin. JMT

Wheeler

Bowman. Stockleigh

Wheeler and Boateng likely to be released - queue the old players returning thread :)

gilbertshoot

Wheeler and Boateng likely to be released - queue the old players returning thread :)
Would take Wheeler

SaintJames

Would take Wheeler
I would take both back but I appreciate I'm in a small fan club where Hiram is concerned. I was his shirt sponsor maybe that influenced me

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster

Dawson

Storey. Martin. JMT

Wheeler

Bowman. Stockleigh

I believe Kyle Edwards is still at Ipswich.

gilbertshoot

Northampton filing official complaint to the EFL about Scunny fielding a weakened team. Allegedly because they sold a player to Rovers earlier in the season with a clause that would get them more money if Rovers got promoted. Curiouser and curiouser.

Status
Not open for further replies.