• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 1 News 22-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Looking forward to dicking Sheffield Wednesday 5-1 again.

Colesman Ballz

Looking forward to dicking Sheffield Wednesday 5-1 again.
Cam might have something to say about that if he is in goal for them ! :cool:

sign of the chimes

Rumour round these parts (no idea how true) is that we're going to pinch their Director of Football from them; who was responsible for them picking up some of the names mentioned above.
New rumour that we've missed out on him as FGR have persuaded him to stay (sounds about right in relation to our recruitment over the last few years!)

sign of the chimes

Sunderland much the better side over the two legs.
They dominated the first leg - thought tonight was more even, but other than Bannan Wednesday had little up top. I think Sunderland will win the final, but given I think I predicted a MK v Wednesday final I'd probably ignore!

• Haha
Reactions: DB9

Nigel E

If Wycombe manage the game like they did against MK, I can see them winning the PO Final.
Hope so. Much better proposition to have Sunderland in our division.

Also, I seem to remember the fixture computer often used to schedule Wycombe as a Christmas/New Year fixture for us.

sign of the chimes

Hope so. Much better proposition to have Sunderland in our division.

Also, I seem to remember the fixture computer often used to schedule Wycombe as a Christmas/New Year fixture for us.
If you get them Boxing Day there's an evens chance you'll get out of the car park/industrial estate in times for New Year.

Red Devon

They dominated the first leg - thought tonight was more even, but other than Bannan Wednesday had little up top. I think Sunderland will win the final, but given I think I predicted a MK v Wednesday final I'd probably ignore!
Sunderland had more quality at the top end of the pitch.

Nigel E

If you get them Boxing Day there's an evens chance you'll get out of the car park/industrial estate in times for New Year.
Yep, went there once on Boxing Day. Was dire.

Though, if you have to go somewhere on a day when there are no trains running, then I suppose it might as well be Wycombe, as its a nightmare to get there even when the trains are operating.

sign of the chimes

Yep, went there once on Boxing Day. Was dire.

Though, if you have to go somewhere on a day when there are no trains running, then I suppose it might as well be Wycombe, as its a nightmare to get there even when the trains are operating.
To be fair the overall experience wasn't too bad - we found an okay pub and there was a decent fanzone, etc. though I expect that might be a different experience on December 26th to the timing of the visit we made.

I've not managed a trip up to the Stadium of Light yet - have had work, weddings and marathons all scuppering plans - so would be good to keep them down for another year.

Oldsmobile-88

I've not managed a trip up to the Stadium of Light yet - have had work, weddings and marathons all scuppering plans - so would be good to keep them down for another year.
The journey from hell on the way back from Sunderland for a League Cup tie in 2015. The A1(M) was closed for a long stretch, I had to cut across the top of the country to join the M6, passing the junction for Morecambe at 1230 am !
Got back to Exeter at 0530...I will be staying over if we play them next season & its a midweeker 😎

A similar ball breaking trip back from Roker Park in 1989, this time fog was the issue, again a 0530 arrival time back in Exeter.

Status
Not open for further replies.