• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 1 News 22-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

John William

Very well known Exeweb poster
"A minimum of...." Them's the rules plus Ipswich could have been time wasting, Subs etc the ref may have added time on for those reasons and Ipswich paid the price, Play to the whistle.
It never ceases to amaze me that football professionals, especially managers, don't know the Laws of the Game - or at least pretend not to when things don't go their way.

Reactions: DB9

DB9

It never ceases to amaze me that football professionals, especially managers, don't know the Laws of the Game - or at least pretend not to when things don't go their way.
We all complain when say Wycombe wasted time etc and the ref never gave enough injury time, Well this came back to bite Ipswich on the arse if they were time wasting and the ref was having none of it good on him.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
We all complain when say Wycombe wasted time etc and the ref never gave enough injury time, Well this came back to bite Ipswich on the arse if they were time wasting and the ref was having none of it good on him.
The problem with this is inconsistency as witnessed by many games at SJP

DB9

The problem with this is inconsistency as witnessed by many games at SJP
I would say this ref (If the time wasting is correct) is the "Inconsistent" one for following the letter of the law.

John William

Interestingly there was only one sub in the added time at Charlton. But I think the rule of thumb is at least 30 seconds for each goal celebration so that would explan 2+ minutes of the addded time in added time, quite apart from any timewasting.

BTW, I'd forgotten what it's like to be near the technical areas, but at Tivvy this afternoon the Poole manager who was in front of me was berating the officials and making sarcastic comments every time a Tivvy player went near one of his, but saying "it's a mans game" whenever one of his was penalised for a foul. I had no sympathy with Conte this week, much as I hate VAR.

Colesman Ballz

Interestingly there was only one sub in the added time at Charlton. But I think the rule of thumb is at least 30 seconds for each goal celebration so that would explan 2+ minutes of the addded time in added time, quite apart from any timewasting.

BTW, I'd forgotten what it's like to be near the technical areas, but at Tivvy this afternoon the Poole manager who was in front of me was berating the officials and making sarcastic comments every time a Tivvy player went near one of his, but saying "it's a mans game" whenever one of his was penalised for a foul. I had no sympathy with Conte this week, much as I hate VAR.
Didn't Mark Cooper get a lengthy ban for uttering those words to a referee whilst managing Barrow ? Of course the recipient in that case was a female referee which may have doubly incensed the FA ! :cool:

Rosencrantz

Did you enjoy the sight of the Poole goalkeeper being cut down on the touchline, half way in the Tiverton half as much as I did? The first guy just missed cutting him in half but the second one got him. More chaos time than injury time today at Ladysmead 😁

John William

Did you enjoy the sight of the Poole goalkeeper being cut down on the touchline, half way in the Tiverton half as much as I did? The first guy just missed cutting him in half but the second one got him. More chaos time than injury time today at Ladysmead 😁
[in my Arsene Wenger voice] "I didn't see the incident. I will have to wait for the replay"

There were some pretty poor tackles by both sides throughout the game, I would not have been suprised if several red cards had ensued. Seriously, it was not a good advert for that level. And the Tivvy pitch is pretty bumpy, which didn't help; apart from the Tiverton winner there was very little skilfull control of the ball on display.

Rosencrantz

[in my Arsene Wenger voice] "I didn't see the incident. I will have to wait for the replay"

There were some pretty poor tackles by both sides throughout the game, I would not have been suprised if several red cards had ensued. Seriously, it was not a good advert for that level. And the Tivvy pitch is pretty bumpy, which didn't help; apart from the Tiverton winner there was very little skilfull control of the ball on display.
The pitch also looked quite heavy which didn't help. I thought the Poole player was lucky to escape a red card when he left his foot in on Lewis Williams and caught his head. He could have easily avoided him. You normally get a dust up or two at Tivvy games anyway and heavy tackles. The refs are not great but tend to let things go. I actually thought it was one of the more entertaining games I have seen up there in a while. The winning goal was very well taken by Lucas Vowles.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Four games last night, all ending in draws. We finish the night in 12th.

Status
Not open for further replies.