• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 1 News 22-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's great to be in a proper league, with the media writing off the premiershite two games in. Remind me how many points were we behind the Vegans in January, and how many in May. I know a different level but comparative to ones peers. Uk Media = load of old tosh

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Odd tweet from Pompey. How many times do they lose the ball in the build up? 🤣

*Awaits a comment from @sign of the chimes 😉

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
How come Mitov wasn't that crap when we played Cambridge last week?🙄

sign of the chimes

Odd tweet from Pompey. How many times do they lose the ball in the build up? 🤣

*Awaits a comment from @sign of the chimes 😉
I present m'lud with the mitigating circumstance of four of the past five years under Kenny Jackett; and a fifth where Cowley was lumbered with several of his signings. When you've been fed a continual diet of Findus Crispy Pancakes a tin of Chicken Supreme is likely to taste gourmet.

As that move was unfolding in real time I commented to the guy next to me that several of those touches would have given Jackett a case of the vapours.

And @STURTZ - Mitov has always looked half-decent when I've seen him but really struggled with balls in to the box last night.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I present m'lud with the mitigating circumstance of four of the past five years under Kenny Jackett; and a fifth where Cowley was lumbered with several of his signings. When you've been fed a continual diet of Findus Crispy Pancakes a tin of Chicken Supreme is likely to taste gourmet.

As that move was unfolding in real time I commented to the guy next to me that several of those touches would have given Jackett a case of the vapours.

And @STURTZ - Mitov has always looked half-decent when I've seen him but really struggled with balls in to the box last night.
Is Jackettball really that bad to watch? We've faced teams managed by him before and I can't say I've noticed.

Good win for you anyway.

iscalad

Coventry postpone again.

sign of the chimes

Is Jackettball really that bad to watch? We've faced teams managed by him before and I can't say I've noticed.
For me, yes. It felt increasingly like watching a 2000s Norwegian national team trying to play in the Egil Olsen mode, despite the game having moved on.

I can't speak for all Pompey fans, of course; and I'm sure there is still a section of our contingent who would name minced beef, boiled potatoes and garden peas as their favourite dinner; but they're a shrinking group.

Good win for you anyway.
Yes, we're still a work-in-progress - a deal or two to be done to develop the squad. A few too many loans vs. permanents in the attacking positions for my liking.

The expectation is that both Kieron Freeman (RB) and Ryan Tunnicliffe (CM) will leave; which should enable a little more activity before the end of the window - and I'd like to see another forward option come in; hopefully a younger, development prospect.

Red Devon

Only 4 games I know but all the so called “big clubs”are occupying places in the top 10 of the table already including us! 😊

STURTZ

Looked like he was wearing oven gloves, the type that are joined together!

Status
Not open for further replies.