• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 1 News 22-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Charlton have sacked a load of their commercial team,and it appears that the owners wife raelynn is running amok,the addicks fans aren’t very happy about the lack of players coming in and the way the club is going,if KMT was remotely interested in the job,he certainly dodged a bullet!
Also, this 👇

Utterly bizarre equest when all the women's teams have been disassociation themselves from the term 'ladies'.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Some thoughts on Derby County

Boyo

And immediately Derby sign their first three players. All on £5-7k per week no doubt.

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
And immediately Derby sign their first three players. All on £5-7k per week no doubt.
So? New owners, They can sign who and whatever terms they like, Also we have no idea how much they'll be on.

Boyo

So? New owners, They can sign who and whatever terms they like, Also we have no idea how much they'll be on.
My point is that the Derby creditors, many of whom would be local businesses and suppliers, will have been shafted by the admin process, receiving only a few pence for every pound they were owed. How do you think they feel about Derby wiping the slate clean and then immediately start spending money? No we don't know the value of their new contracts, but I have no doubt that someone like Wildsmith will be on high (for L1) wages.

Rosencrantz

My point is that the Derby creditors, many of whom would be local businesses and suppliers, will have been shafted by the admin process, receiving only a few pence for every pound they were owed. How do you think they feel about Derby wiping the slate clean and then immediately start spending money? No we don't know the value of their new contracts, but I have no doubt that someone like Wildsmith will be on high (for L1) wages.
Something we also did back in 2003 - we signed James Bittner, Alex Jeannin and Dwayne Lee. We paid what we could afford, not much at the time but if we could have afforded more we would have paid it. Derby need to get players in with so few left and with the takeover having gone ahead it would have been remiss for Liam Rosenior (and probably Rooney before he resigned) not to have players lined up. I guess they are paying what their new owners think the club can afford.

Unless the EFL bring in new laws around sanctioning clubs after they have left administration through transfer bans, limiting signings/wage bill or whatever then this is always going to be the case. Derby have already had 12 points deducted for entering administration leading to their relegation.

DB9

As said, We were guilty of "Shafting" local businesses and suppliers back in 2003 something that is fact, We've not got the moral high ground on that. Derby are a huge club compared to us, Huge fan base, PL stadium and facilities and been bought out by a bloke who has (reportedly) £300m+ fortune, Of course they can offer more, It's the way of the world.

IndoMike

As said, We were guilty of "Shafting" local businesses and suppliers back in 2003 something that is fact, We've not got the moral high ground on that. Derby are a huge club compared to us, Huge fan base, PL stadium and facilities and been bought out by a bloke who has (reportedly) £300m+ fortune, Of course they can offer more, It's the way of the world.
300 million squid is peanuts nowadays, DB.
But the funny thing is the "names" are all spunking out money but only 3 can get promoted. So if we spend 100k and stay up and the Wednesdays and Rivers spend 20m and don't get promoted, who's the stupid ones. When will they ever learn?

DB9

300 million squid is peanuts nowadays, DB.
But the funny thing is the "names" are all spunking out money but only 3 can get promoted. So if we spend 100k and stay up and the Wednesdays and Rivers spend 20m and don't get promoted, who's the stupid ones. When will they ever learn?
It is when looking at the PL, Where I think Derby's ambitions are, We on the other hand know we can't compete but you don't hear MT or the club moaning about it, They just get on with what they have and do the best they can, Last season proved we didn't need what others had, We were better than 22 other clubs in L2, A lot of them spent more but weren't successful as we were, Next season will be tough but we can't go on about what other clubs spend, We just have to concentrate on ECFC, The budget we have to work with etc, Keep on about how unfair it is that other clubs spend more on players etc just sounds so petty imo, We can only do what we can, We know our model, The manager knows it and never grumbles, In fact I think MT thrives on it, Seems like he relishes the challenge.

DB9

Just took this sentence out of your quote about what the local businesses/suppliers think Boyo:

"How do you think they feel about Derby wiping the slate clean and then immediately start spending money?"

TBH the people who own Derby now are not the ones that owe them money, They have bought the club fair and square and in line with what the administrators/EFL told them, I'm not sure of the process but unless there is an agreement with the new owners and creditors about paying back the full amount owed then the new owners are under no obligation to pay them, That is not just in football but in business in general (I think)

Status
Not open for further replies.