• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 1 News 22-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
The second shocking managerial decision today to go along with Gary O'Neil getting the bullet at Bournemouth.

sign of the chimes

When do we start to panic? :ROFLMAO:

On a serious note, Stockton was never moving south, but Burton seems a poor move for him as I would have thought he would have found a better league one side.
He obviously had that incredibly good goals return in 21/22 where he was the focal point in a Morecambe side that pretty much everybody thought would struggle - and a decent, if not spectacular season either side; but given he's nearly thirty, and prior to that had no real pedigree, I can see why no-one above Burton's level would take a punt.

sign of the chimes

Stevenage look like they're giving it a go - they've added Louis Thompson (formerly of my parish) as well as his brother Nathan (who also played for Pompey but has spent the last three seasons at Peterborough). They've also added Harry Anderson in recent weeks.

I'm torn, as I like the Thomspson brothers (alas not Thompson Twins) - and really hope Louis can stay fit and have a great season - but it's conflicted by my absolute loathing for Steve Evans.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
He obviously had that incredibly good goals return in 21/22 where he was the focal point in a Morecambe side that pretty much everybody thought would struggle - and a decent, if not spectacular season either side; but given he's nearly thirty, and prior to that had no real pedigree, I can see why no-one above Burton's level would take a punt.
When we played Morecambe on the last day of the season and he missed a couple of chances my mate said 'he looks like an average League Two striker' and I tend to agree. He did score a second against us later though.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Owlstalk forum going mental ! Will this impact on their interest in Josh Key I wonder, and push him into the clutches of the bleeding Cornish ? :unsure:
Also it reduces our chances of getting any decent Wednesday players on loan next season.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Stevenage look like they're giving it a go - they've added Louis Thompson (formerly of my parish) as well as his brother Nathan (who also played for Pompey but has spent the last three seasons at Peterborough). They've also added Harry Anderson in recent weeks.

I'm torn, as I like the Thomspson brothers (alas not Thompson Twins) - and really hope Louis can stay fit and have a great season - but it's conflicted by my absolute loathing for Steve Evans.
Interested to know how they are paying for these signings as Wallace has said he is looking for external investment to boost the playing budget but this presumably hasn't arrived yet.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Interested to know how they are paying for these signings as Wallace has said he is looking for external investment to boost the playing budget but this presumably hasn't arrived yet.
Wallace is supposedly worth £70m so I guess that's how? Interesting to see how FFP will be affected though...

John William

Very well known Exeweb poster
Wallace is supposedly worth £70m so I guess that's how? Interesting to see how FFP will be affected though...
As the old joke goes,

"to end your life with a small fortune, start with a large fortune and buy a (lower division) football club". :) :)

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I guess the stadium "sponsorship" rakes in well above market rate.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Looks like Kane Wilson is signing for Bolton for around £100k.

Status
Not open for further replies.