• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Latest Club News..

ryancooper327

3 new directors and a chief commercial officer

Employing new directors? How much we paying them? If we are still a nearly club in League 2 in 2 years time…what a waste of money, **** take

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Employing new directors? How much we paying them? If we are still a nearly club in League 2 in 2 years time…what a waste of money, **** take
I'd have put money on your response to this being exactly that.

Did you read the article? Surely the experience these people are bringing counters a lot of the accusations levelled at the way the club has been run previously? Trust run club...Village fete etc etc

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Maybe take a little look at the article as it is pretty clearly stated!!!

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Maybe take a little look at the article as it is pretty clearly stated!!!
The new directors, who are all unpaid, are:

• Jonathan Hart, who was CEO of Thorntons Plc, prior to its sale to Ferrero in June 2015. He currently chairs Crussh, the leading London-based healthy food and juice bar chain and is also an active member of the RNLI Council. Jonathan has also held senior roles at Dixons, Woolworths, Abbey and Caffé Nero. He has had a home in Devon for more than 20 years and splits his time between there and Hertfordshire.
  • Jeremy Tipper, who went to school in Exeter, is an experienced chair and non-executive director in the technology, business services and charitable sectors. Jeremy was founder and CEO of Capital Consulting, a pioneer in the recruitment process outsourcing industry before founding Talent Collective, a talent consulting business later acquired by Alexander Mann Solutions.
  • Clive Bawden, who also went to school in Exeter, is a chartered accountant with extensive board experience. Clive now works with early-stage entrepreneurial firms, including Queen’s award-winning Warwick Music Group. In a voluntary capacity he chairs audit and risk at Birmingham Museums’ Trust, is a former director of Warwickshire Cricket, with responsibility for women and girls’ cricket, and a senior independent non-executive director of SkateboardGB, where as a founding director he developed governance, risk and finance process from scratch.

simcity

3 new directors and a chief commercial officer

I may have missed it in the article but does this now mean the Trust and Club elements of the board aren't equal at 4 each any longer or are these individuals non-exec directors so won't get a vote?

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
I may have missed it in the article but does this now mean the Trust and Club elements of the board aren't equal at 4 each any longer or are these individuals non-exec directors so won't get a vote?
I'd assume these are non-exec roles, hence why they're unpaid.

Matt Phillips

It's an interesting question, but worth pointing out that we haven't been at parity for a while, with the Trust having held a 4-3 majority on the board for the past year (although I can't remember who from the set of "club" directors actually has voting rights!)

C j phill

While they all appear to have strong business background, it would be interesting to know what their specific roles and responsibilities within the Club Board will be.

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
While they all appear to have strong business background, it would be interesting to know what their specific roles and responsibilities within the Club Board will be.
Sales