• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Latest Club News..

Boyo

Project 6000 for me is about getting the fans who attend 15/16 games per year to buy season tickets, getting those that attend ten matches to go to 15 matches, getting those who attend a few times a year to go half a dozen times, and for those that just turn up for the big matches to come for some regular matches as well. IF we can do that we can get to 6000.

Of course performance on the pitch is important, but lets understand and knock down those other barriers to attending.

For anyone who thinks marketing is about advertising and PR is badly mistaken. The first thing any good marketeer would do is understand their customer, including lapsed and potential customers.

Last edited:

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Nick Hawker confirmed that they are not paid and do not have voting rights - Non-Executive and from the way they were described they had a lot more experience than Marketing, we are talking about previous leaders of FTSE 100/250 companies that are willing to give some direction and experience 'business head' to the Club Board, something that lots of us have been crying out for to move on from the 'village fete mentality' - which personally I always thought was insulting to the people who have bothered to stand for election

They are on 12 month tenures - if they don't offer anything worthwhile then the Trust can politley say Thanks and we will see you anon
Ok. Let's see what results they can achieve over the 12 months

IndoMike

Project 6000 for me is about getting the fans who attend 15/16 games per year to buy season tickets, getting those that attend ten matches to go to 15 matches, getting those who attend a few times a year to go half a dozen times, and for those that just turn up for the big matches to come for some regular matches as well. IF we can do that we can get to 6000.

Of course performance on the pitch is important, but lets understand and knock down those other barriers to attending.

For anyone who thinks marketing is about advertising and PR is badly mistaken. The first thing any good marketeer would do is understand their customer, including lapsed and potential customers.
To do good PR and marketing you clearly have to know your business and your potential customers. Who said otherwise?

Grecian Max

Agreed, and having a strategy. Nothing wrong with a target or goal even if it's a bit of a moonshot.

Also for those who think adding 2k onto the gate over the time is impossible, tbh need to look at Argyle's gates since the lows of 1995. They have been successful in building a comfortably larger gate - and yes, like us have experienced bigger gates back in the 50/60s etc as with any club because of the explosion in popularity in football at that point.

Attachments

Rosencrantz

According to Grecian Archives we only averaged 2482 in 1994/95 which admittedly was a particularly crap season.

https://grecianarchive.exeter.ac.uk/items/show/5317

IndoMike

So the last time we averaged 6000 was in 1964. We've had some really good teams at times since then, but still couldn't get there.As someone has pointed out, Lincoln found a way to sustain big crowds. What was their secret? Several years of success and momentum. They certainly got the city behind the club. Perhaps the new bloke can do a study on that

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
So the last time we averaged 6000 was in 1964. We've had some really good teams at times since then, but still couldn't get there.As someone has pointed out, Lincoln found a way to sustain big crowds. What was their secret? Several years of success and momentum. They certainly got the city behind the club. Perhaps the new bloke can do a study on that
Lincoln have done well in building up their community engagement and attendances but while there is merit in us studying what they have done well, IMO there is relatively little read-though to us.

No rugby in Lincoln.

Also when I lived in north east Notts near Newark and spent time in and around Lincoln, people there used to go to watch the two Nottingham teams, both of which have been in the doldrums for 20 years, so Lincoln had the opportunity to win over those fans.

ExmouthMart

I'm the Managing Director of social innovation agency Thinkpublic, currently working on fan and community engagement projects in the sports and social sector.

I'm also the Community Engagement Director for Amersham Town FC and Development Director for King's Church Amersham FC.

I was previously immersed in the experiential marketing sector at Set Creative. We produced live events for brands that include Heineken's Champions League Trophy Tour and Google's Cannes Lions beach club plus fan engagement projects across the sporting world.

My love of sport extends to coaching, where I'm just in the middle of my FA Level 2 coaching badge to aid my skills as Head Coach for our local youth football club.

I’ve been extremely fortunate in my career, working for some great companies and projects. From reforming Take That whilst at Sony Music UK to building the Coca-Cola artwork for the London 2012 games whilst MD at Jason Bruges Studio. Also, creating the concept for an immersive exhibition on the history of electronic music to launching Vintage Cinema, a pop-up immersive cinema company, which we then sold.

KEY SKILLS

Business Strategy & Management: Focused on identifying the key objectives (creative, financial and strategic), writing and delivering the plan, an entrepreneurial mindset, using negotiation skills, with knowledge of contracts and legal processes.

Growth & Business Development: A strong understanding of what it takes to grow an organization, making the most of the positives whilst finding new working methods.

Leadership: Extensive knowledge of managing large and smaller teams. Working with a style that inspires others, helps and encourages their development and builds a strong team ethic.

Network: Extensive network from sectors including investment, marketing, the media, technologists and the broader entertainment industry. Always out promoting the success stories of the organization and comfortable when speaking in public.
…… Our new Chief Commercial Officer. Darren Henderson.

Boyo

Now you’re starting to think like a proper marketeer ;-)

ExmouthMart

Lincoln have done well in building up their community engagement and attendances but while there is merit in us studying what they have done well, IMO there is relatively little read-though to us.

No rugby in Lincoln.

Also when I lived in north east Notts near Newark and spent time in and around Lincoln, people there used to go to watch the two Nottingham teams, both of which have been in the doldrums for 20 years, so Lincoln had the opportunity to win over those fans.
What would you say was the main reason behind Exeter Chiefs success?! Also why would you be interested in something where even if you finish top of the League you don’t win…… if you use that argument we will need to be in The Premier League to entice people away from the rugby! Maybe that’s why we have the supporter experience enhancement screen as a starter. Perhaps our new market is not football supporters but tourists looking for a nice day out.