• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Latest Club News..

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Apparently ‘Project 6000’ is being uttered in all corners of St.James Park! Anyone care to enlighten me about the latest wonder plan mentioned in an email by Mr Hawker. Also it was emphasised that the trust retain the controlling vote. Why would there be any doubt about this?! Surely everyone is singing off the same hymn sheet on both boards and no one would seek to change that.
Hope it’s not the targeted number of years to which we gain promotion to League One

DB9

Perhaps the project is to get a consistent 6k in SJP? If so the only way to do that is get promoted, Stay there and build on that, It would be a mammoth task mind, I don't think we've ever averaged that.

Banksy

Perhaps the project is to get a consistent 6k in SJP? If so the only way to do that is get promoted, Stay there and build on that, It would be a mammoth task mind, I don't think we've ever averaged that.
That would be a fine average gate and as you say , probably only possible with our promotion and consistent good form thereafter unlike the last time we were promoted. We want to stay there , build on it , and even try to aim higher.The two would go hand in hand. Start off this season by going up as champions , none of this old play off palaver!

C j phill

When I received an email request to renew my season ticket, the advertising information indicated "the Club ...............has ambitions to reach sustainable crowds of 6000 in the near future, which would provide enough income to support a playing budget enabling us to achieve our ambition of becoming a sustainable League One club"

From this, I assume that Project 6000 has a specific purpose, namely to generate enough finance through the gate, to sustain League1 football. As DB9 states, the first stage is to get promoted. If we achieve this, the challenge for the Club and supporters is to generate the average 6000 home gate to gain sustainability at the higher level.

It might have been helpful if the Club and Trust Boards had made a clear statement of ambition, so that Project 6000 was more widely understood by supporters and Trust members, rather than just those within the four corners of SJP.

Red Devon

Darren Henderson is going to be heading up the project plus another appointment is to me made to the club board an announcement will be made soon.

IndoMike

Darren Henderson is going to be heading up the project plus another appointment is to me made to the club board an announcement will be made soon.
No need to worry: the way things are going we're going to have 6000 directors.

Alistair20000

No need to worry: the way things are going we're going to have 6000 directors.
Might be hard for the Trust to find the 3,000 needed to keep the balance.

IndoMike

Yep, but it will fill the stadium. Thinking of starting an SJP prawn sandwich outlet.

Boyo

Understanding how Lincoln massively increased attendances, would be a good place to start. They have had success and a few great cup runs, but what else have they done?

ExmouthMart

And don’t forget the all-important promotion to League One which conveniently doesnt have a time scale…..
“To begin with I’m delighted to welcome Darren Henderson to the Club, as our new Chief Commercial Officer. Darren arrives brimming with ideas that will, over time, cautiously increase our revenue earning capability. The club already operate at close to maximum efficiency and it’s difficult to see where we can make savings without damaging our ability to deliver a good service. As such, we must focus on revenue growth to fund our aspirations and become less reliant on windfall monies……”
Anyone expecting significant transfer activity might be disappointed.